Notifications
Clear all

SIU @ UNI, 1/5

56 Posts
29 Users
7 Reactions
(@the-dawgfather)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Nice road win! Especially without Armon and Bol! 

ReplyQuote
(@fraydog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

First off, UNI sucks. They are hardly the program they were not long ago.

Secondly, we really have people complaining about the lack of posts and complaining there isn’t enough positivity? It’s as if the Fletcher suspension and Bol injury didn’t even happen to these people. 

I’m glad we could scrape out a win but this was an ugly game. Let’s not ignore the context of what has happened through this season. 

ReplyQuote
(@the-dawgfather)
Saluki Stadium Poster

2-0 feels nice! Especially with our best player back next game!

This post was modified 5 years ago by The Dawgfather

STLSalukiFan reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stlsalukifan)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

I'll take 2-0 without two of our best players.  Love having Armon back, but realistic expectations are in order after being away so long.  Let's hope and let's get to 3-0

ReplyQuote
Saloukeyfan
(@saloukeyfan)

Yawn

ReplyQuote
gammasaluki
(@gammasaluki)
Saluki Stadium Poster

To the good...second win in Frostbite Falls in fourteen years, so any win up there is good.  2-0 in the Valley is good.  Their best player is a Freshman...nuff said.

To the bad...I watched the other Valley games.  There was very light attendance at our game.  Missouri State's arena was empty.  Hulman Center at Terre Haute looked like a ghost town.  Could it be that SIU fans are not the only ones that have a sense of smell?  Compared to those three venues, the Arena has been packed out.

Hopefully, we will look better with Bol and Armon back.  As for lack of posts, Armon's suspension is probably Armon's fault and if not, it is Hinson's fault, so I am really @%$^&* off about it...at someone.  I can't say that I am yawning, but I'm not fully engaged in a "Go Southern Go" chant either.

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

I have always had the same attitude.  I do not like Hinson, I do not want him here... However, once the season starts I like to see SIU win, I like to be excited to go to the arena... I really like these players, its been a long time since we have had a group stick it out all the way through and I hope these Dawgs get to dance.  Overall, its probably best that does not happen and Hinson goes, but I just can't root for losses in the midst of a season.  I try to just enjoy the ride, hope for the best and let the big picture stuff take care of itself when it should.  Right now I am looking forward to Tuesday and trying to get to 3-0, not worried about Barrys tenure.

PackerDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
saluki82
(@saluki82)

For the first time ever, I forgot they were playing.

Austinsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
(@misty)

So the team is staying 4 nights in Iowa? Did they bus or fly? 

ReplyQuote
(@salukisideline)

Posted by: Misty

So the team is staying 4 nights in Iowa? Did they bus or fly? 

Fly>UNI, Bus>Drake, Fly>Carbondale 

ReplyQuote
Front Row
(@front-row)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Glad they aren't commuting back and forth from Iowa. Sounds like hell.

Solid win by SIU with the lack of Forwards on this roster. Kavion is looking like a First-Teamer this year. 

Twitter: CPTNDONUTS
Former WIDB Sports Director and Dawg Pound President. Since my freshmen year, SIU Basketball has not appeared in a NCAA or NIT postseason game.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4

Share: