Clear all

any bohemiam rapsody fans out there?

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
(@morris-saluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster
Topic starter  

Type this into the search bar on youtube.com: "Bohemian Rhapsody - The Petersens (LIVE)"

I listen to this bluegrass band and they slayed the song Queen could never manage to play live without separate recording for playback.  You know shit is getting real when the bluegrass band puts out two vocal mikes and they mike the dobro.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
― Ayn Rand

ReplyQuote
carrcar
(@carrcar)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @morris-saluki

Type this into the search bar on youtube.com: "Bohemian Rhapsody - The Petersens (LIVE)"

I listen to this bluegrass band and they slayed the song Queen could never manage to play live without separate recording for playback.  You know shit is getting real when the bluegrass band puts out two vocal mikes and they mike the dobro.

Thumbs up for the Petersons! I like their version of Southern Nights...should be the theme song for SIU.

“The best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores.”
-- Al McGuire

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

I mean to be fair they have 4 people on vocals.  Queen had Freddy 

ReplyQuote
(@morris-saluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster
Topic starter  

Queen didn't have a dobro either.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
― Ayn Rand

ReplyQuote
saluki82
(@saluki82)

Posted by: @morris-saluki

Very nice. The harmonies are great. They spent a lot of hours rehearsing this.

ReplyQuote
(@morris-saluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster
Topic starter  

@saluki82 That transition in the middle was flawless too.

― Ayn Rand

ReplyQuote
saluki82
(@saluki82)

No matter how good you are, and they are very good, these type of things don't just happen with talent. It takes the ability to do it along with a lot of hard work and long hours practicing away from the band and with the band. I like it a lot. 

ReplyQuote
(@morris-saluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster
Topic starter  
Posted by: @saluki82

No matter how good you are, and they are very good, these type of things don't just happen with talent. It takes the ability to do it along with a lot of hard work and long hours practicing away from the band and with the band. I like it a lot. 

Supposedly the mom (music theory professor) has been putting the kids thru bluegrass boot camp for the last 15 years.  The dobro player came from a similar background and his family had a similar band.  There are quite a few groups like this.  There is an Irish guy named Ger O Donnell that really kills it (his "city of new orleans" is just siq).

― Ayn Rand

ReplyQuote
Woofie2
(@woofie2)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Here I thought you were discussing the movie...

wow, solid bluegrass family band!!

ReplyQuote

Share: