Clear all

The eclipse

21 Posts
13 Users
7 Likes
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

I love the live feeds I've seen from the Weather Channel ALL day at the football stadium.  Free publicity, and all good, for the town and University.  

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

I was on campus today - never seen that many people. Weather was sky blue gorgeous. Couple of Hellfire and Brimstone preachers threatening everyone with Hell. 😀

Even the baseball field was open but just a few people there. Big crowd at the stadium but people, dogs, babies all over campus.

Two lanes of traffic a mile long heading to Murph at 3:30!

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Saw license plates from Manitoba, S. Dakota., Minnesota, S. Carolina, Georgia, Fla., Iowa, Tenn., Colo.

I parked on the north side of campus - all kinds of parking there and open space everywhere for eclipsians. Just biked everywhere. Took a little while to get back to Murph, but had way worse traffic than that driving to/from St. Louis for work every day.

Not sure why people pay to sit in a hot stadium when there are acres of free greenspace all over campus. There Were displays on the big scoreboard.

Great day and everyone seemed in a great mood except for that fire and brimstone thespian threatening all with Hell!

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Channel 3: Governor Pritzker was also at SIU viewing the eclipse. 

SlyDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
carrcar
(@carrcar)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@mr_woogers Pritzker got up to leave and blocked out the sun again.

“The best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores.”
-- Al McGuire

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @carrcar

@mr_woogers Pritzker got up to leave and blocked out the sun again.

I wondered why there was rebound eclipse! Also. Boobys ran out of food - not sure why??  LOL

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2

Share: