Notifications
Clear all

Men's GOLF MVC championship

25 Posts
12 Users
25 Likes
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@wk-saluki They're still Salukis in my eyes, and creating wonderful exposure for our university. Every university in America has international students...

Saluki44 and Freedawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @wk-saluki

Go Team Europe!

Sorry - Hard for me to support state (taxpayer) funded schools taking away so many scholarships from US kids and awarding to international students.  If a private school wants to do this, ok.  Can someone please make this make sense to me?  I’m sure I’m missing something.

So I assume you would like to kick the 900 international students at SIU off campus too? Many of them are graduate students and I'm sure a lot of them are getting assistantships ... a free ride that an American student could get if only an American student wanted to go to grad school .... which many of them don't.

Get rid of the foreign professors too while we're at it. 

Xenophobia at a finest.

Freedawg and Foxman24 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@wk-saluki)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

I apologize.  I took for granted this wouldn’t be misinterpreted and that context never crossed my mind. 
I feel like I shouldn’t have to say this, but I have no issues at all with international students.  I have no issues with the international athletes either.
I simply don’t agree with the policy.  In my opinion, US taxpayer funded scholarships should go to US kids.  Like I said, I’m sure there’s a lot I don’t know about all this, so I’m asking to to be informed.  That’s all.  I’m definitely not xenophobic. 

ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

SIU always did very well in golf, tennis, gymnastics, swimming, wrestling, etc., back when I was in school. Even though a few of those sports no longer are offered, it's great to see it happen in men's golf. Good work!

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by AJCSaluki

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @wk-saluki

I apologize.  I took for granted this wouldn’t be misinterpreted and that context never crossed my mind. 
I feel like I shouldn’t have to say this, but I have no issues at all with international students.  I have no issues with the international athletes either.
I simply don’t agree with the policy.  In my opinion, US taxpayer funded scholarships should go to US kids.  Like I said, I’m sure there’s a lot I don’t know about all this, so I’m asking to to be informed.  That’s all.  I’m definitely not xenophobic. 

1/3 of the grad students in the US are from foreign countries, most of them probably getting free rides. Take them away and the research output in the US, not to mention the ability to teach undergrads, is greatly reduced. It's not like they are taking away scholarships from Americans. Simply not enough American students interested in grad. school.

As far at athletes, I say get the best you can. It bolsters your university.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @ajcsaluki

SIU always did very well in golf, tennis, gymnastics, wrestling, etc., back when I was in school. Even though a few of those sports no longer are offered, it's great to see it happen in men's golf. Good work!

I'm still mad they got rid of tennis and women's gymnastics. We were a national power in gymnastics. We had a good tennis coach and a successful program.

Both of these sports are relatively inexpensive.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Justin Fetcho has just done a great job in golf at SIU - 3 MVC championships!

rafflaw and Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@freedawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Posted by: @mr_woogers

Posted by: @ajcsaluki

SIU always did very well in golf, tennis, gymnastics, wrestling, etc., back when I was in school. Even though a few of those sports no longer are offered, it's great to see it happen in men's golf. Good work!

I'm still mad they got rid of tennis and women's gymnastics. We were a national power in gymnastics. We had a good tennis coach and a successful program.

Both of these sports are relatively inexpensive.

Mens gymnastics was pretty stellar also. Remember watching gymnastic meets in the Arena. I think they had them after basketball games sometimes. 

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Spike
(@spike)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

I've often said American football programs shouldn't count towards Title IX considering there is no equivalent. 

The damage done to college baseball is egregious.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2

Share: