177 Posts
16 Users
46 Reactions
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @salukiworld

Posted by: @siu_2011

This bullpen…pitching issues rearing their heads again. Outside of 2 or 3 guys, they just don’t have the arms.

They probably rode Pron 2 innings longer than they should have too, he was awesome despite clearly being gassed

He gave up a ton of hits!

Riffe strikes out Sears - Dawgs win!

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

SIU gets the winner of Illinois State/Belmont tomorrow.  UIC/Murray State already got moved to tomorrow so it's gonna be a packed day.

ReplyQuote
rabidsaluki
(@rabidsaluki)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Wow! That was a crazy finish. I shut it off after the Trees had it first and second with nobody out in the bottom of the 9th. How did we get out of that jam?

Checked the score after our fireworks in the 11th then tuned back in for ISU'S half of the 11th. 

"The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe." ~Dr. Leonard H. McCoy

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @rabidsaluki

Wow! That was a crazy finish. I shut it off after the Trees had it first and second with nobody out in the bottom of the 9th. How did we get out of that jam?

Checked the score after our fireworks in the 11th then tuned back in for ISU'S half of the 11th. 

They actually had a ball that pushed fair for the last out of the inning:

https://twitter.com/SIU_Baseball/status/1793467543379722344

ReplyQuote
rabidsaluki
(@rabidsaluki)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

Posted by: @rabidsaluki

They actually had a ball that pushed fair for the last out of the inning:

https://twitter.com/SIU_Baseball/status/1793467543379722344

Thanks! And - Damn, that was nuts. 

"The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe." ~Dr. Leonard H. McCoy

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

So good win…keeps them in the winners bracket. I don’t know how many arms they have left at this point though, tomorrow is going to be interesting. We are going to need the bats to keep it up.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @siu_2011

So good win…keeps them in the winners bracket. I don’t know how many arms they have left at this point though, tomorrow is going to be interesting. We are going to need the bats to keep it up.

The good news is whoever wins Illinois State/Belmont will be playing 2 games in 1 day.

The big winner in all of this is Evansville who gets a day off tomorrow.  Not bad for the Tournament host.

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by SalukiWorld

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/_LukePMartin/status/1793504685326000422

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Unbelievable. I had to get up early today so I turned the game off in the 7th when it was 4-4 and we couldn’t capitalize with runners on. Looks like that was a mistake. 

Let’s go! I knew this team was going to go on a run.

https://twitter.com/mvcsports/status/1793481809990414538?s=61

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

It's going to be a long day in Evansville today. It's entirely possible that SIU's game will be moved to tomorrow, if some of these games go long.

https://twitter.com/MVCsports/status/1793642828884820071

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @obd

It's going to be a long day in Evansville today. It's entirely possible that SIU's game will be moved to tomorrow, if some of these games go long.

https://twitter.com/MVCsports/status/1793642828884820071

Honestly, that wouldn’t be a bad thing. Need as much time as possible to rest the few effective arms we have. I would think Dermondy and Pron are unavailable today and you probably want to save Foeller for the next game as a starter. Riffe is probably the long relief arm (sucks we didn’t have someone else to protect a 5 run lead and had to use him yesterday 🙄). I have no idea who they start today (Nigut…Hansell?) I think LM mentioned there were some injuries on the staff so not sure if either of those guys are healthy, but we need someone to eat some innings either way. I think you will see some high scoring games coming up.

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

Illinois St. beat Belmont 6-4 so the Deadbirds will play the Salukis at 7:30 tonight.

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

UIC-Murray State just went into a weather delay 

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @obd

Illinois St. beat Belmont 6-4 so the Deadbirds will play the Salukis at 7:30 tonight.

They recently swept us in Abnormal. Hope their water boy is pitching tonight.

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Indiana State up 9-4 over Murray in the 7th. This sucks. Our game may not start until 9:30. 

ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 12

Share: