48 Users
428 Reactions
39.3 K Views
the bobber
(@the-bobber)
Saluki Platnum Member Saluki Insider

Posted by: @salukiworld

https://twitter.com/ColeCerta/status/1551711462317588486

6'5 Illinois Wolves product from Bloomington, IL.  Just got offers from Drake and Illinois State today.  

the bobber went to see certa play on opening night.  38 points, 13 in the 4th quarter to beat a pretty good bloomington team in thee final minute.  6-4, he can handle, shoot, and drive.  reminds me a bit of kevin lisch from the althoff days.  was told he has about 10 offers. 

usmcsaluki and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Wood
 Wood
(@wood)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Posted by: @the-bobber

6'5 Illinois Wolves product from Bloomington, IL.  Just got offers from Drake and Illinois State today.  

the bobber went to see certa play on opening night.  38 points, 13 in the 4th quarter to beat a pretty good bloomington team in thee final minute.  6-4, he can handle, shoot, and drive.  reminds me a bit of kevin lisch from the althoff days.  was told he has about 10 offers. 

A 6'4 Lisch?   Gimme all of that.

ReplyQuote
salukis60
(@salukis60)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Plays for the Illinois Wolves but so far that has not produced any dividends.

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @salukis60

Plays for the Illinois Wolves but so far that has not produced any dividends.

Benson and Ebube, in fairness. But yes, it would be great to get a few more.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
the bobber
(@the-bobber)

@salukiworld webber vs certa tonight.  can anybody think of any reason why the bobber should not be at courtside wearing maroon?

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
the bobber
(@the-bobber)

@salukiworld webber vs certa tonight.  can anybody think of any reason why the bobber should not be at courtside wearing maroon?

i like to quote myself.  webber had two fouls in the first minute, then got a technical for his 5th foul.  only scored 1 point.  i will give him the benefit of the doubt and call that an incomplete.  on the other hand......certa was held in check for the first half, but went off for 23 in the 2nd, and had around 30.  he didn't get to the hole much this time.  he must have had 6 or 7 three's.  it's already clear to me that we would be fortunate to get him.

rafflaw and INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Thanks for the scouting reports, bobber!

ReplyQuote
salukis60
(@salukis60)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

i like to quote myself.  webber had two fouls in the first minute, then got a technical for his 5th foul.  only scored 1 point.  i will give him the benefit of the doubt and call that an incomplete.  on the other hand......certa was held in check for the first half, but went off for 23 in the 2nd, and had around 30.  he didn't get to the hole much this time.  he must have had 6 or 7 three's.  it's already clear to me that we would be fortunate to get him.

@Bobber Thanks. From what i've read on Webber at this point, he is a space eater, rebounder. limited offense. Certa would be a great get, albeit a long shot.  We need more "scorers". He recently visited Northwestern. More power 5 interest to follow. 

ReplyQuote
the bobber
(@the-bobber)

here is last night's certa report:

30 points, now averaging 33 per game.

a bomb from beyond half court at the first quarter buzzer.

a 30 footer in the final seconds to win the game by a point.

rafflaw and usmcsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
salukis60
(@salukis60)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Shooting stats over the weekend:

Angelo Ciaravino 26 pts

Cole Certa 37 pts

rafflaw and Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
salukis60
(@salukis60)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

rafflaw and INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
salukis60
(@salukis60)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

From Prephoops on Angelo Ciaravino 6'6 SG Mt. Carmel: "What an outing from the other Mt. Carmel forward as he dropped 26 points scoring with ease on threes, drives, and in the open floor while blocking several shots.  “I have offers from Wisconsin Green Bay and Southern Illinois. What stands out about SIU?  “Plugged in with the Wolves.  Mike Mullins the head coach for the Illinois Wolves two of his sons are there.  They have watched me.  Very hospitable to me.  Very nice campus.  Everything out there is basketball.  I really liked it out there.”

Salukifan32, rafflaw, CSpringsSaluki and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
the bobber
(@the-bobber)

here is the condensed version of cole certa's first game.  there is the bobber relaxing under the bucket.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

@the-bobber 

Cole has received an offer from the Big 10, albeit Northwestern, I would be SHOCKED if he committed to SIU or any Valley school for that matter. 

ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @insaluki

@the-bobber 

Cole has received an offer from the Big 10, albeit Northwestern, I would be SHOCKED if he committed to SIU or any Valley school for that matter. 

We must give Coach Mullins and staff credit for recognizing/offering players of this stature. After all, they have secured two 3 star players this past year, and Ebube was a Top 5 Chicagoland prospect among some excellent company. Kid must be bright being offered by Northwestern. Coach Mullins kind of kid. Win, and these types of players will most definitely play at SIU. 

GO DAWGS! 

rafflaw and Sandman95 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 26

Share: