(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I love all the bleacher seat coaches 

INSaluki and Sandman95 reacted
ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Breaking news: fans on message board speculate on rotations for their favorite team

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @jabman62

We ARE the best coaches, doncha know!!

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @mr_woogers

yes never lost a game

ReplyQuote
saluki82
(@saluki82)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

I hope to see Scottie and Cade get a lot of minutes. Their contrasting skill sets is a luxury we should exploit and could be an issue for other teams.

ReplyQuote
(@salukimodemrowe)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @mr_woogers

yes never lost a game

Really no worse than people that say, "Well the coach is at practice don't you think he knows better?"

If that were the case coaches would never be fired.  Coaches would just always be right.

Coaches do not always know better than the "bleacher seat coaches".

So yes, news flash, coaches are incorrect at times, sometimes downright awful. Then get fired.

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dogdays)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

To claim that bleacher coaches know more than some real coaches is silly. Yes coaches get fired but most “ bleacher coaches “ haven’t played, studied or ever spent a min on the floor coaching. Sorry, not buyin it. There are good and bad college coaches but virtually all of them have forgotten more basketball than any “ bleacher coach” ever knew. And it’s not to say fans don’t have correct opinions and that coaches don’t make mistakes but the statement is silly.

This post was modified 1 year ago 3 times by dogdays

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I love this board 

ReplyQuote
the bobber
(@the-bobber)
Saluki Platnum Member Saluki Insider

Posted by: @barkeep-1967

Posted by: @freedawg

@dirtydale Talked to a big-time Illini basketball follower at a golf tournament this weekend. He follows all the blogs and info sources he can find. He told me that there is considerable talk of using Domask as the two guard.  That could be interesting. Maybe they are contemplating playing some zone defense.

that means about as much as Bobber posting who will start.   Sure he is the ultimate insider but coaches make line ups Not message boards 

oh yes, the bobber knows all.  a handfull of years ago, during fall practice, i was enjoying a meal with dale lennon.  somewhere between chicken wings i am incredibly giving lennon offensive advice. he smiles, pulls out an index card, and tells me to diagram a play for the salukis.  this is my big chance.  so i start drawing up a picture for a jet sweep/pass.  the DB's always rush the jet sweep.  dale smiles and puts in his in pocket. later in the season, i ask him, politely, why they have never tried my play.

he looks me in the eye and says "because i prefer that lasteven mckinney not get killed while i am the football coach."

after that, i decided to leave the coaching up to the coaches.  but it is hard.

Foxman24, Rockin' Dawg, Salukifan32 and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

It always has something to do with food 🤣

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
(@salukimodemrowe)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@dogdays I have heard the literal bleacher coaches at games and yeah they do not generally sound like they know much at all.  I have read things that make a lot more sense on this board.  I am sure there are people that have played college ball or played for coaches in the high school hall of fame that actually know quite a bit.  Given this is a Hensley thread I will save any more for another day or after a game when the staff finds a way to somehow play JD over our other guys even though he is not even on the roster this year.

ReplyQuote
(@dogdays)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

• Lol. I don’t disagree that coaches, mgrs can make questionable , even wrong choices. And arguing about them is what make sports fun. All I was and am saying is that to imply that In  general fans know more than coaches is silly. 

ReplyQuote
 Frog
(@frog)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

@jabman62 I can't be married to it. I have too many other things to do with my life. I can't live Salukimania 24/7 and I think most fans fall into that same category. It's about time for me to take my dog for a 2nd walk and then I need to go to the bank and then go grocery shopping. Since It's Tuesday I'll spend a great deal of the afternoon reading.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

1) Pretty sure Bobber knows more about food than Dale Lennon (and possibly football too)

2) getting some distance from the game gives bench coaches some objectivity the game coach doesn't have - hopefully the assistants offer that viewpoint if the HC is amenable to feedback

Barkeep 1967 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @salukimodemrowe

@dogdays I have heard the literal bleacher coaches at games and yeah they do not generally sound like they know much at all.  I have read things that make a lot more sense on this board.  I am sure there are people that have played college ball or played for coaches in the high school hall of fame that actually know quite a bit.  Given this is a Hensley thread I will save any more for another day or after a game when the staff finds a way to somehow play JD over our other guys even though he is not even on the roster this year.

I will miss the national leader in lane violations caused!

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 5

Share: