54 Posts
12 Users
0 Reactions
13.6 K Views
DR222
(@dr222)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: underdawg

Redshirted if Bol is healthy, back-up Pippen if not? Or just let him be back-up for both?

I like the idea of red shirting Rudy and Fall!   Let Dembele play this year.  That would give the Dawgs two experienced players in the front court next year with Rudy and Dembele instead of just one.  Also will allow Fall to get stronger and help lower the risk of injury that has plagued him this last year!

ReplyQuote
DR222
(@dr222)

Dembele will be wearing jersey #2

https://siusalukis.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

ReplyQuote
(@freshman63)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Heff says Hinson plans on redshirting all four freshmen.

ReplyQuote
underdawg
(@underdawg)

If they add Jimmy Beane (who's in school) to these four--there is some young talent there

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: freshman63

So is that because none of his recruits are good enough to contribute in a big season for the program or because he wants a second straight year of disastrously scant depth?

You really want to enter a season with nine scholarship players, one of whom is a major medical question mark?

ReplyQuote
Cowboydawg
(@cowboydawg)

Posted by: siudawgs
Posted by: freshman63

So is that because none of his recruits are good enough to contribute in a big season for the program or because he wants a second straight year of disastrously scant depth?

You really want to enter a season with nine scholarship players, one of whom is a major medical question mark?

I don’t believe for a minute we will enter the season with only 9 scholarship players, probably not even 10. I certainly don’t want to see that even though 10 and 11 likely won’t play much.

ReplyQuote
underdawg
(@underdawg)

Just cause you say they are "redshirted" does not mean they won't eventually play--just put them in game and they're playing. It's a more a hope than a statement---eight or nine returning guys will get the minutes--pending need for injuries.

PGS: Bartley, Cook and McGill

Wings: Fletcher, Lloyd, Gooch

PF/C: Pippen, Bol and Stradnieks

My interpretation of the statement "four freshmen will red shirt" is that Hinson is quite positive about Bol being back healthy 

This post was modified 6 years ago 2 times by underdawg

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: underdawg

Just cause you say they are "redshirted" does not mean they won't eventually play--just put them in game and they're playing. It's a more a hope than a statement---eight or nine returning guys will get the minutes--pending need for injuries.

PGS: Bartley, Cook and McGill

Wings: Fletcher, Lloyd, Gooch

PF/C: Pippen, Bol and Stradnieks

My interpretation of the statement "four freshmen will red shirt" is that Hinson is quite positive about Bol being back healthy 

Bearing in mind that neither Stradnieks nor Gooch have shown a heckuva lot thus far and you're likely to deal with an injury or two during the course of the season, I'd say one or two of the freshmen being good enough to add quality minutes off the bench would be in the Salukis' best interest. That said, no doubt the upperclassmen will be leaned on for heavy minutes this season.

ReplyQuote
underdawg
(@underdawg)

You may be right--Beane and Dembele--I tried but failed to put up new U-tube from Christian Prep National tournament--he looked good in 64-62 win over Wesley Christian which had two seven footers--had 13 points 11 rebounds two blocks and two steals

This post was modified 6 years ago 3 times by underdawg

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4

Share: