Portal Transfers

779 Posts
63 Users
570 Reactions
42.5 K Views
(@usmcsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @siu-grad-87

Is SIU likely targeting some guys that nobody is talking about on here?  

I think that's a safe assumption.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rafflaw)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Any possibility that we are looking at some High School seniors to fill in one or more of the openings? 

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @rafflaw

Any possibility that we are looking at some High School seniors to fill in one or more of the openings? 

Certainly. 

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

I think if the right 2023 HS guy is out there, they'd be fine with that with 5 empty spots.  It seems like they want to get older though considering Brown/Johnson are the only Seniors on this team.  Wouldn't be a bad idea to make sure you have a few more 2024 slots available for Howard to land 1 or 2 big high school guys. 

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

I think if the right 2023 HS guy is out there, they'd be fine with that with 5 empty spots.  It seems like they want to get older though considering Brown/Johnson are the only Seniors on this team.  Wouldn't be a bad idea to make sure you have a few more 2024 slots available for Howard to land 1 or 2 big high school guys. 

I don't think saving scholarship slots for future classes is a thing anymore with the way rosters tend to turn over.

ReplyQuote
Cowboydawg
(@cowboydawg)

@mr_woogers  I believe it’s almost certain D’Amico starts at the 4.

ReplyQuote
DR222
(@dr222)

Posted by: @siudawgs

Posted by: @salukis60

Posted by: @saluki-4-life

@salukiworld Who would we classify as the top 4 targets, I'm not sure anyone really knows that.

There aren't many left from the original list but I would think Tevin Smith would be one of our targets. Like someone else mentioned, there are plenty of impactful players left on the portal. 

Re: Tevin Smith, there was this recent article from the News-Gazette that indicated he had visited UIC, Cleveland State and planned to visit Edwardsville, but also noted offers from SIU and ISU. This seems like a player SIU should absolutely be able to get if they want him, especially with UIC and ISU adding other guards in recent days/weeks (ISU is rumored to be on the verge of getting Davis from Wisconsin).

https://www.news-gazette.com/sports/danville-product-smith-dishes-on-transfer-portal-experience/article_19f08699-6ed0-572a-9685-d209125b8993.html

I beleive I saw where Tevin Smith and Troy D'Amico played together on the same AAU team, Meanstreets U15:

I think I see Indiana State's Avila in there too.

https://twitter.com/TroyD1960/status/1646141267770736641

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Not SIU related but Pat Monaghan is landing John A Logan players at Green Bay

https://twitter.com/EJones__4/status/1650588415102967816

1DAWG, INSaluki, Salukifan32 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dogdays)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

If they’re going to Green Bay they aren’t good enough

Saluki 69 reacted
ReplyQuote
terrier1
(@terrier1)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

@saluki-4-life Johnson was announced on 4/13.  Rupert on 5/22.  AJ Ferguson 5/20 and Newton 5/2

Saluki 69 reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: @dogdays

If they’re going to Green Bay they aren’t good enough

This! ☝️

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @terrier1

@saluki-4-life Johnson was announced on 4/13.  Rupert on 5/22.  AJ Ferguson 5/20 and Newton 5/2

Gonna need to grab a few way before this.  Not that Rupert was a bad addition but impact players are either gone or going right now.  It feels like everything is in slow motion this offseason from Domask/Jones deciding to Howard being hired to now filling 5 spots.

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

Posted by: @terrier1

Gonna need to grab a few way before this.  Not that Rupert was a bad addition but impact players are either gone or going right now.  It feels like everything is in slow motion this offseason from Domask/Jones deciding to Howard being hired to now filling 5 spots.

Yeah the staff also being slow to sign people last year is not particularly reassuring to me. I consider the more relevant data point that most MVC rivals have already signed multiple guys.

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Again, I'm sincerely hoping that this is a case of the Big Bull and Little Bull.  

ReplyQuote
Duke of SIU
(@duke-of-siu)
Saluki Stadium Poster

@insaluki yes indeed, let’s walk down and get em’ all 

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 37 / 52

Share: