Portal Transfers

779 Posts
63 Users
570 Reactions
42.5 K Views
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

FANtastic job Mr. Bobber! Thank you, and thank you once again to The Barkeep, and Mr. 69 for running and maintaining this fan message board. 

Psychodawg, Saluki 69, rafflaw and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
terrier1
(@terrier1)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

@barkeep-1967 let's not get carried away. 😉

ReplyQuote
(@siu-grad-87)

Nice photo of Langston and SIU staff posted on his Twitter.  Says not committed though 

Supporter of the Fab 4: Scottie Ebube, Foster Wonders, AJ Ferguson & Cade Hornecker.

They’re the ones that can get us where we haven’t been in 15 years.

ReplyQuote
Mdogs1
(@mdogs1)

Great story Bobber!!  does no one have a problem that Langston saying he wants to step down a level? Washington isn’t good lost at home by 9 to a team that we beat and he plays 6 minutes a game for them . Not sure how he moves the needle enough to help us . If he had more than 1 year I might get it but IF he only has 1 year left I don’t get it. We need guards not a marginal big that is basically insulting us. Maybe I am expecting too much.  Man our program has fallen big time. I am sure I will get blasted for this post but at this point I really don’t care. I am extremely frustrated with our recruiting. 

salukis60 and Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: @siu-grad-87

Nice photo of Langston and SIU staff posted on his Twitter.  Says not committed though 

https://twitter.com/Langston3491/status/1652468656641646592?s=20

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @mdogs1

Great story Bobber!!  does no one have a problem that Langston saying he wants to step down a level? Washington isn’t good lost at home by 9 to a team that we beat and he plays 6 minutes a game for them . Not sure how he moves the needle enough to help us . If he had more than 1 year I might get it but IF he only has 1 year left I don’t get it. We need guards not a marginal big that is basically insulting us. Maybe I am expecting too much.  Man our program has fallen big time. I am sure I will get blasted for this post but at this point I really don’t care. I am extremely frustrated with our recruiting. 

Even a bad Pac 12 is still far ahead of the MVC in competition.

I think Langston would be a good addition that takes a bit of the load off Ebube and Cade who you can't trust after they barely played last year.  I'd be interested why he got no run on a mediocre Washington team but he has something to prove and a drop in the competition might help him.  Rather add someone like that than a guy in the Southland that put up fake stats on a horrible team in a horrible conference.

Do agree on guard recruiting, I don't think you can add Langston and a few of the mid-tier guards they've been recruiting and expect to compete in the Valley next year.  Langston doesn't exactly fix the scoring problem SIU had that only got worse with Domask/Jones leaving.

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Mdogs1
(@mdogs1)

@salukiworld okay but still think we need much better guards. Not sure what we are doing here. We don’t play bigs. Ebube in limited time showed a huge upside yet barely played took a redshirt off Cade and he barely played heard how good AJ Ferguson was in preseason and he barely played. IF we get this guy where do you play him? I would rather develop the young guys on this team than a one year raw talent guy. I am sure the Pac12 is better than the Valley but not sure Washington was better than the top of the Valley and this guy barely played for them . That is just my stupid reasoning but I am sure someone will correct me. 

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @salukiworld

I think Langston would be a good addition that takes a bit of the load off Ebube and Cade who you can't trust after they barely played last year.  I'd be interested why he got no run on a mediocre Washington team but he has something to prove and a drop in the competition might help him.  Rather add someone like that than a guy in the Southland that put up fake stats on a horrible team in a horrible conference.

Do agree on guard recruiting, I don't think you can add Langston and a few of the mid-tier guards they've been recruiting and expect to compete in the Valley next year.  Langston doesn't exactly fix the scoring problem SIU had that only got worse with Domask/Jones leaving.

You forgot to mention Rupert.. he's probably going to score more than either of those other big guys, although they I think they have great potential as scorers.

Since we have five openings I guess he'd be okay. I wasn't much impressed by the video I've seen of this guy and he thinks that SIU is a step down from the shitty team he was on last year...lost to Cal Baptist by 9 and got blown out by the decent teams in the Pac-12. Fact is I think we're pretty set with bigs... I think we've got three players that have a lot of potential. That's Clarence Rupert, Cade Hornecker, and Scotty Ebube. Not sure how much time playing time this guy would get. If we're going to recruit a power forward, we need somebody that has a history of scoring. Then we need some guards who can score.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Mr_Woogers

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

@salukiworld okay but still think we need much better guards. Not sure what we are doing here. We don’t play bigs. Ebube in limited time showed a huge upside yet barely played took a redshirt off Cade and he barely played heard how good AJ Ferguson was in preseason and he barely played. IF we get this guy where do you play him? I would rather develop the young guys on this team than a one year raw talent guy. I am sure the Pac12 is better than the Valley but not sure Washington was better than the top of the Valley and this guy barely played for them . That is just my stupid reasoning but I am sure someone will correct me. 

You are absolutely right on.

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @mr_woogers

Posted by: @salukiworld

You forgot to mention Rupert.. he's probably going to score more than either of those other big guys, although they I think they have great potential as scorers.

S

Not sure i agree with that part. Ebube was a scoring machine. Instant offense on a couple dunks when he got in the game. He averaged 3.2pts in only 4.1 minutes a game. Shit, if that is any indication, hes a 15 pt guy if he could play 20 minutes.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Maybe it’s because Wilson has been more active on social media or there’s the perception Southern has a better chance at him, but I’m surprised there hasn’t been more enthusiasm for Allick. Allick has been the more productive player and I’d say the competition in the Mountain West is fairly comparable to the PAC 12 … maybe a small step down. 

I’d be happy to get either of these guys but then the attention needs to be on improving a currently dire situation in the backcourt.

rafflaw and Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@siu-grad-87)

Could SIU try Langston at the 3?  If he can shoot from outside pretty well? 

a 6-9 athletic wing in the Valley who shoots lefty would be difficult to defend, IMO. 

Supporter of the Fab 4: Scottie Ebube, Foster Wonders, AJ Ferguson & Cade Hornecker.

They’re the ones that can get us where we haven’t been in 15 years.

rafflaw and Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
salukis60
(@salukis60)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @saluki-69

Posted by: @siu-grad-87

https://twitter.com/Langston3491/status/1652468656641646592?s=20

Maybe I'm reading too much from one photo, but the one of him with all the coaches smiling, Langston has a look that says; "get me out of here".

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I knew the perception of the program among recruits was likely to be somewhat damaged after we failed to achieve the postseason in a season that began with such high hopes, but I’m really surprised recruiting seems to be in such a dire state. 

Monaghan jumping to a lesser program was probably a sign that the outlook isn’t great.

It makes you wonder what Brendon Mullins and Mamon bring to the table if we weren’t even really in the discussion for a single portal transfer until Howard was brought on.

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @siudawgs

Maybe it’s because Wilson has been more active on social media or there’s the perception Southern has a better chance at him, but I’m surprised there hasn’t been more enthusiasm for Allick. Allick has been the more productive player and I’d say the competition in the Mountain West is fairly comparable to the PAC 12 … maybe a small step down. 

I’d be happy to get either of these guys but then the attention needs to be on improving a currently dire situation in the backcourt.

Allick would be my first choice and a pretty big get, IMO. Id take both of them and then concentrate on getting 3 guards. I think we are going to be ok at the 3 with Davis and Ferguson. If we have Ebube, Hornecker, Rupert, D'Amico, Allick and Wilson at the 4 and 5 we should be good. D'Amico can even play the 3 when the matchups allow.

ReplyQuote
Page 43 / 52

Share: