779 Posts
63 Users
570 Reactions
42.5 K Views
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

@salukiworld 

Maybe not "huge names" but I believe that Sharp and Davis will turn out to be MORE productive (if they stay 4 years) than Jones and Domask.  2 guards with size, athleticism and can absolutely play lock down defense. To be clear, I'm talking about AFTER their 4 years is over with.  I am super stoked about those 2.  

ReplyQuote
(@rafflaw)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Nick Krass committed to Southern Mississippi. 

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Valpo picks up a transfer from Hofstra

https://twitter.com/lmanyang/status/1658859402726723586?s=46&t=7s0hTttieSER8wqRSA0LoA

3 star recruit out of high school but didn’t play last year 

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Interjecting with football news, Clayton Bush is hitting the portal. That seems surprising, and a pretty big loss. 

https://twitter.com/claytonbush2000/status/1658876464630988812?s=20

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Football has lost a lot of talent to the portal this offseason.  Makes you wonder if the wheels are beginning to come off.  I don’t think they’re going to be very good this year.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Good news for Murray here.  Perry and Moore will be a good backcourt.  Still think they lost a bit too much to compete so they’ll probably be placed middle of the pack

https://twitter.com/jonrothstein/status/1658912739698302976?s=46&t=7s0hTttieSER8wqRSA0LoA

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
(@valleyfb)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@salukiworld 

The wheels started coming off midway through the season last year. Sends a strong message to kids when your teams 5-6 and you make no personnel changes and finish with 4 straight losses. Going into the spring game, I thought it would’ve been competitive and let’s get after it instead it was more of a touch football game that had very little fan interest, or player interest. Transfer portal it’s gonna get worse for the saluki’s until they catch up with similar programs in NIL money and better strength and nutrition programs.  
Asking kids to be there all summer and only giving them $1500 to pay 2 months of rent and bills, plus trying to eat 3 meals a day on the leftover money is not a good look for recruiting. 

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @valleyfb

@salukiworld 

The wheels started coming off midway through the season last year. Sends a strong message to kids when your teams 5-6 and you make no personnel changes and finish with 4 straight losses. Going into the spring game, I thought it would’ve been competitive and let’s get after it instead it was more of a touch football game that had very little fan interest, or player interest. Transfer portal it’s gonna get worse for the saluki’s until they catch up with similar programs in NIL money and better strength and nutrition programs.  
Asking kids to be there all summer and only giving them $1500 to pay 2 months of rent and bills, plus trying to eat 3 meals a day on the leftover money is not a good look for recruiting. 

Yikes. This isn’t very comforting. I’m not terribly surprised, though. It has seemed like recruiting hasn’t been as good recently as it was in the previous few years.

I really hope Hill can turn things around. Huge fan of his.

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

@salukiworld 

I guess I'll take you at your word on the finance piece (seems like room and board would be covered if they took summer classes no?). Ideally SIU can get on par with other MVFC teams with the NIL collective. I know these collectives "aren't affiliated with the school", but wish they would do some fundraising events (dinners with former players, golf outings, etc.) just to keep getting the word out more than anything. I know the big donors are probably already aware, but your small and mid-level donors might now be as in tune.

As for the no personnel changes, not sure if you are referencing coaches or players, but they for sure had some turnover with coaches (new DC, RB coach, and special teams guy). Felt like special teams had a bit of a dip last year so don't mind new blood there at all. Outside the UIW game they were in every game they played...I think even leading going in to the 4th quarter, so yeah 5-6 record not great obviously, but that's not indicative of a team that has completely fallen off the rails. Need to figure out how to close those games out no doubt.

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

https://twitter.com/portal_updates/status/1658959945025437698

Believe Curry was mentioned as a possibility for the Salukis ... 

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @salukiworld

Good news for Murray here.  Perry and Moore will be a good backcourt.  Still think they lost a bit too much to compete so they’ll probably be placed middle of the pack

https://twitter.com/jonrothstein/status/1658912739698302976?s=46&t=7s0hTttieSER8wqRSA0LoA

Not good for us. Perry's an All-con player.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @siu_2011

@salukiworld 

I guess I'll take you at your word on the finance piece (seems like room and board would be covered if they took summer classes no?). Ideally SIU can get on par with other MVFC teams with the NIL collective. I know these collectives "aren't affiliated with the school", but wish they would do some fundraising events (dinners with former players, golf outings, etc.) just to keep getting the word out more than anything. I know the big donors are probably already aware, but your small and mid-level donors might now be as in tune.

As for the no personnel changes, not sure if you are referencing coaches or players, but they for sure had some turnover with coaches (new DC, RB coach, and special teams guy). Felt like special teams had a bit of a dip last year so don't mind new blood there at all. Outside the UIW game they were in every game they played...I think even leading going in to the 4th quarter, so yeah 5-6 record not great obviously, but that's not indicative of a team that has completely fallen off the rails. Need to figure out how to close those games out no doubt.

I froze my buns off at that NDSU game. We scored a late 4th qtr td to make the score respectable, but we could not stop their running game. Their line was superior to ours.

ReplyQuote
(@valleyfb)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@siu_2011 

$1500 is for players to pay their rent and eat for the months of June and July. From August to April it’s $1000 per month and 0 for May. Out of that money comes players rent, utilities and food. It’s so far below comparable programs. There are bad OVC schools getting $1350 a month. 

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Drake gets a Washington State transfer

https://twitter.com/fdmathletics_/status/1659715127048806401?s=61&t=QKbjyEST4QdQHTlvEJ8ePA

Former 3 star recruit

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
(@garywilsonfan)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Former ISUred player continues his tour across America.

https://triblive.com/sports/duquesne-lands-6-10-n-c-state-transfer-dusan-mahorcic/

ReplyQuote
Page 51 / 52

Share: