SIU Day of Giving

12 Posts
7 Users
5 Likes
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  

The annual SIU Day of Giving is set for March 4th.  Saluki Insider is now an official program ambassador.  If you click the #SIUDay banner on the right side of the site, the when you donate on the 4th the impact of Saluki Insider members will be totaled and noted.  Our site does not receive anything from it other than the satisfaction of a stronger SIU!  The B.E.E.R scholarship is back again this year.  It will be one of my gifts!  🙂

Here is the special Saluki Insider link to give on March 4, or just click on the logo: 

https://siuday.siu.edu/amb/saluki_insider

Thanks all!

ReplyQuote
Bleacher Bum
(@bleacher-bum)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Great idea guys. 

So just click on the SIU Day logo here tomorrow and tell them where to put my donation?  Is there a minimum?

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: @bleacher-bum

Great idea guys. 

So just click on the SIU Day logo here tomorrow and tell them where to put my donation?  Is there a minimum?

Not guys.   I knew nothing about this until just now. 69 is all the brains here .  Great idea my friend 

ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @bleacher-bum

Great idea guys. 

Be sure to use the special Saluki Insider link to make your donation!  We want to show the support we give as a group.

https://siuday.siu.edu/amb/saluki_insider

There is no minimum.  I've seen students chip in $5 or $10.  Every little bit helps these days.

You will be able to select from many, many different programs from all corners of SIU. 

ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  

One last thank you to everyone who to gave to SIU Day as part of the Saluki Insider Team. 

Our final total was 17 donors for a total of $3,610.  Excellent job all!

ReplyQuote
(@greydawg)
Davies Gym Poster

@Saluki 69 - would you consider setting up the Ambassador role again this year for the SIU Day of Giving - March 3, 2021? I think there is value in Saluki-Insider continuing to show support for this annual event. I believe the athletic department will appreciate the support coming from an organzied group. 

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Today's total is already over a million:

https://siuday.siu.edu/

ReplyQuote
PackerDawg
(@packerdawg)

I was expecting a lower turnout this year with COVID, but so far today the total is over $2.7 million! Incredible! 

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @packerdawg

I was expecting a lower turnout this year with COVID, but so far today the total is over $2.7 million! Incredible! 

I've been watching the totals go up all day, I think we've seen about over a million in donations in the last few hours. 

Saluki Athletics is up to $264,000.  Last year they topped out at $139,000.

Last year they hit $1.6 million and 2,478 gifts and that seemed amazing.  We're at $2.8 million and 2,844 gifts with like 12 hours left.

ReplyQuote
PackerDawg
(@packerdawg)

Posted by: @salukiworld

I've been watching the totals go up all day, I think we've seen about over a million in donations in the last few hours. 

Last year they hit $1.6 million and 2,478 gifts and that seemed amazing.  We're at $2.8 million and 2,844 gifts with like 12 hours left.

Great job by the University getting the word out.  And of course great job by us Alumni giving back.  It shows how much pride Salukis have in their school. 

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

Great job by the University getting the word out.  And of course great job by us Alumni giving back.  It shows how much pride Salukis have in their school. 

Indeed a great job! What I'm struggling to see is how the athletic department is going to meet their $25 million in 4 years goal...while $264k is nothing to sneeze at, it's going to take a lot more than that to get where they want to go. Maybe they are expecting some large contributions from the Cooks and Troutts of the world to help make-up the difference?

ReplyQuote

Share: