[Sticky] Saluki Football Alliance

7 Posts
4 Users
10 Likes
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  

These Gridiron Club meetings are usually restricted but SIU publicly posted this one from yesterday. Coach spends some time talking about NIL and explains what we are doing.  We obviously can't compete very well in this space but the little things Nick is doing for these kids makes me feel great about being a Saluki. I think it's a must watch just for the NIL educational value alone but there are some good stories plus an update on spring ball.  Enjoy!

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
beadmedaddio
(@beadmedaddio)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I am going to brag on myself.  I am a proud member of the Gridiron Club and have signed up to donate automatically every month to the NIL fund.  After all, we are a football school.

I'm not sayin' -- I'm just sayin'!

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @beadmedaddio

I am going to brag on myself.  I am a proud member of the Gridiron Club and have signed up to donate automatically every month to the NIL fund.  After all, we are a football school.

Great to hear, same here. The money is going to the kids and not to Lane, Leonard or Kupec.  Were you on the call, Bead?  I loved hearing the old guys getting fired up!  The car story was pretty powerful, too.

This post was modified 1 month ago by Saluki 69

beadmedaddio reacted
ReplyQuote
beadmedaddio
(@beadmedaddio)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

@saluki-69 Yes, I was on the call.  I never miss.  I went to SIU for baseball, although I loved football too.  Not big enough.

I'm not sayin' -- I'm just sayin'!

ReplyQuote
Booby's
(@boobys)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

you guys sold me on this one. great show.

who is eligible for gridiron?

I just sent a check to cover a year of the collective.

Craving a McBride Special!

ReplyQuote
(@ccholiday)
Dawg Pound Poster

Signed up yesterday for $25 a month

ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @boobys

you guys sold me on this one. great show.

who is eligible for gridiron?

I just sent a check to cover a year of the collective.

It's open to anyone by donating at least $100 to the program (not the collective).  Go to the link below and put "Gridiron Club" in the description.  $100 gets you an invite to regular video calls with coach.  $250 gets you that plus an invite to a closed place or two.  

The calls are fun and have several former players every week.  Damon Jones joined a few times last year. Luke Martin narrates the call and does a great job.. This money goes in to the general program fund to cover additional needs.

https://salukifunder.siu.edu/project/22654

1DAWG and Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote

Share: