45 Posts
16 Users
34 Likes
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

https://x.com/SIU_Football/status/1760767056600043951?s=20

It appears that Coach McGraw was either let go or left the program. New Safeties coach announced.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

1DAWG, AirDawg86, rafflaw and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
1DAWG
(@1dawg)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Nice pay day!  Let’s get the win too!

ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Can folks in the know post how the QB situation is looking? Assuming there has been work put in by receivers and QB's? 

Also, have Hartrup and Gibson officially transferred? I'm sure Mizzou, Ohio State, Michigan, and perhaps Middle Tennessee State were interested.

Thanks in advance. 

This post was modified 2 months ago by TJ McFlys

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @tj-mcflys

Can folks in the know post how the QB situation is looking? Assuming there has been work put in by receivers and QB'S? 

Also, have Hartrup and Gibson officially transferred? I'm sure Mizzou, Ohio State, Michigan, and perhaps Middle Tennessee State were interested.

Thanks in advance. 

QB will be Hunter Simmons or Murray State transfer DJ Williams with Williams probably having the edge

rafflaw and TJ McFlys reacted
ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@salukiworld

My observation could be wrong, but Williams did not seem to display much of an arm. Did seem to be somewhat elusive however. Only a small sample of Simmons was provided last season. His throws did not impress, but I remember seeing the same from Baker when he came in late early in his career.  

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

https://x.com/SIU_Football/status/1770821105277600088?s=20

First spring ball practice today. It's an important offseason for the offense. A lot of new faces in the skill position groups fighting for starting spots, most notably at QB. I saw earlier that Williams and Simmons were mentioned in the QB battle as the two favorites, but I'm interested to see what a healthy Lindauer can provide as well. Should give us a lot to discuss until the first game.

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@valleyfb)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

ReplyQuote
salukis60
(@salukis60)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Dawgs98 and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
(@grimper57)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

@obd Let's do like we did at Northwestern.  Make 'em cry (and pay for the privilege).

ReplyQuote
(@valleyfb)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Open practice Friday is a nice deal for fans. Looks like Simmons is nursing a tweaked hamstring for a couple weeks. 
Lindauer and DJ alternating with the 1’s and 2’s. That should help with QB ready depth.  

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Our success depends greatly on having a good QB. I'm betting it will be the kid from Murray - he's more of a dual threat I guess. When Simmons played briefly last year, seems like he threw a number of uncatchable worm burners. Does seem like all the QB upper classmen have good size.

ReplyQuote
SIU Alum 05
(@siu-alum-05)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Has anyone heard who's standing out at QB in the spring practices?

ReplyQuote
SIU Alum 05
(@siu-alum-05)
Saluki Stadium Poster

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
(@valleyfb)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@siu-alum-05 Simmons has been out most of spring. Lindauer and Williams both working with 1’s and 2’s. The early enrollee at QB looks like a young Baker. 
Hill mentioned in an interview the new QBs were learning basic schemes and expected to make some mistakes. He also mentioned Lindauer being fully healthy for the 1st time in spring practice.

rafflaw and SIU Alum 05 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3

Share: