Chancellor Lane named finalist in NMSU President Search

5 Posts
5 Users
2 Reactions
Trent Maroon
(@trent-maroon)
Davies Gym Poster
Topic starter  

Chancellor Lane was named a finalist in the New Mexico State University president search this afternoon:

https://nmsu.edu/president-search/finalists.html

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Just when I was thinking SIU was in the midst of a rare period of stability. I hope he doesn’t get it. Seems to be doing good things for the university. 

ReplyQuote
1DAWG
(@1dawg)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

I think Lane has done a fantastic job.  I saw him at the pre-game before this UIC game last weekend.  He said that NMSU recruited him, he didn’t apply for the job.  I hope he likes SIU enough and sees the positive trajectory, that will prompt him to stay.

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Well that's a bummer. The fact that they recruited him does not sound good. With his fund raising chops and wide ranging experience, he may very well get the job. Hope not. I really like what he's done here and the enrollment is bumping up a bit. Best Chancellor we've had in years (although I think Montemagmo would have been a good one also had he lived.)

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
(@freedawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

As much as I do not like to root against someone, I also hope he does not get or take the job. I think he has done well at SIU and we need some long-term stability in this position for once. 

ReplyQuote

Share: