29 Posts
10 Users
30 Likes
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @resaluki-88

I honestly think it is realistic to expect Drake, Loyola, Missouri State and UNI to be in the top 50. I also think SIU can be top 100, or better. The bottom teams should be Illinois State, Evansville and Bradley. Illinois State could very possibly be the only sub 200 team in the valley this year.

Indiana State is not very good either. They are going to try and run super up tempo. Not a good idea in the Valley this year 

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

@barkeep-1967 I noticed you weren't very nice to Bradley!!  🙃 

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Bowen Born will be All-MVC at some level, as will Marcus Domask and Lance Jones!

AJ Greene is not the most talented player in the league IMO. Seriously doubt he will play in the NBA.

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  

First off it’s Bradley sooooooo  😁

second off  no Prim is the best player in the conference 

ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Here is my prediction:

1. Drake

2. Northern Iowa

3. Loyola

4. SIU

5. Missouri State

6. Evansville

7. Bradley

8. Valpo

9. Indiana State

10. Illinois State

I'm going somewhat against the traditional wisdom.  I think that there is a big gap between 5 and 6.  I think 6-9 you can throw in a hat and see what falls out first.  I am pretty confident in Illinois State getting last.  They will be awful compared to this version of the Valley (0-18? 1-17?)  Indiana State's fast paced coaching style will be interesting, although I have my doubts of it working well in the Valley with everyone getting back on defense fairly well.  They do have a good amount of talent there though.  I'm still not sure what to think about the thugs at Bradley, however I think that Leons kid will be pretty good.

With a healthy AJ Green (including his hips being "better than before"), I think UNI returns to form as a force in the Valley.  Drake will be stellar.  Missouri State has a lot of talent, but I feel like they won't get it done when it comes to playing the top teams.

SIU...We simply need to win at home to have a chance to finish this high.  Win at least 7 home games (2-2 vs. the other top 5 teams) and pick up the bottom 5 teams on the road and you're already 12-6.  Anything beyond that would be incredible this year.

Austinsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Does anyone know when the MVC media day will be?   Typically it's right around now.  While I'm not expecting any surprises per se, I'm interested to see where the media and/or Coaches slot the Dawgs as well as the rest of the league.  

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @insaluki

Does anyone know when the MVC media day will be?   Typically it's right around now.  While I'm not expecting any surprises per se, I'm interested to see where the media and/or Coaches slot the Dawgs as well as the rest of the league.  

We'll get preseason polls and all conference teams tomorrow.  The women went today and all their coaches were interviewed via zoom.

rafflaw and INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  

After recent developments I think you can go ahead and move Valpo to 10th 😁

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @barkeep-1967

But they've played good D2 schools!  I'd be ripping Mullins a new one if they lost two exhibitions to D2 schools and he was justifying it.  Flagler I get a little bit because they're #2 but Ashland lost many games to D2 schools last year.

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @salukiworld

But they've played good D2 schools!  I'd be ripping Mullins a new one if they lost two exhibitions to D2 schools and he was justifying it.  Flagler I get a little bit because they're #2 but Ashland lost many games to D2 schools last year.

The best D-2 team in the country would be lucky to win a conference game in the Vally. There is no way to sugar coat this. They are bad 

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

The best D-2 team in the country would be lucky to win a conference game in the Vally. There is no way to sugar coat this. They are bad 

In no way is losing two exhibition games acceptable, and I think Lottich is lucky he still has his job, but they did play those without arguably their top two players come conference play, Krikke and King. Don’t think they’ll finish 10th.

ReplyQuote
(@va-saluki)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

I remember hiring a head coach from Ashland College in 77 or 78!  The great Joe Gottfried.  Took us several years to recover from that disaster!

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

@barkeep-1967 

I think the pre-season love for Missouri State might have been a bit unfounded.  They remind me of a C-Lo SIU team back in the day.  So much individual talent, but unable to mesh as a team.  Losing to SEMO at home on opening night could be crushing.  Of course I drafted them in my annual college hoops pool so there goes my $$$$.  Loyola and Drake will be the clear #1 and #2.  

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  

A lot of season to go but not looking good 

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2

Share: