Cowboydawg
(@cowboydawg)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@14_alumdawg There’s nothing normal about the portal. 😕

ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @cosmos

Not that it matters but of course I wonder who was planning on transferring regardless of the change. 

The one guy I figured was likely to leave with no coaching change was Ebube because of sporadic playing time. Hard to say with the others. Several openings thanks to the portal at UIC, too, so if Mullins gets that job it'll be interesting to see who follows him. 

Austinsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
siufan6
(@siufan6)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Going to be an interesting few weeks here for Saluki basketball.

ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

There is a certain chancellor who loves micromanaging athletic departments to align them with his personal prorities I would love to see enter the transfer portal, which he did, but sadly there were no takers. 

This post was modified 2 months ago by Dawgbytes

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Not a single surprise here.  Nothing NEW to worry about.  It was assumed that almost, if not, every player was going to test the portal.  Depending on the coaching hire, we could already have 2-3 starters set (assuming they follow the coach which is common and already being discussed with Mullins despite the fact he might not have a head coaching job next year).  There is no doubt a TON of work to do, but right now the most important task is finding he right WINNING coach.  

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Cade may not have many suitors with his injury history. Given he already has a scholarship here I think he may just keep going and get his degree here.

I seriously doubt that. A 7 footer who can shoot and is a good teammate would garner a lot of interest.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @dawgbytes

There is a certain uncertainty chancellor who loves micromanaging athletic departments to align them with his personal prorities I would love to see enter the transfer portal, which he did, but sadly there were no takers. 

Yeah, no thanks.  SIU was in danger of not existing anymore before he got there.

ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

There is a certain uncertainty chancellor who loves micromanaging athletic departments to align them with his personal prorities I would love to see enter the transfer portal, which he did, but sadly there were no takers. 

Yeah, no thanks.  SIU was in danger of not existing anymore before he got there.

Yep, we might have been forced to cheer for SIU-Edwardsville by now -- which I, for one, would not have done.

ReplyQuote
BleedFknMaroon25
(@bleedfknmaroon25)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Yeah, none of this is surprising, especially without a new hire made or an interim named. It’s not about any player who stays or goes. If SIU was worried about that, they wouldn’t have fired a well-liked, class act alum. This is about the bigger picture.

This might be the most important coaching hire in program history. Get it right and we’ll be back to competing in meaningful postseason play quicker than most would expect. However, get it wrong and SIU could be staring at another 10, 15, 20 years of no postseasons and a basketball rich tradition all but forgotten ancient history. 

--Insert something witty here--

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Cosmos
(@cosmos)

Posted by: @mr_woogers

Cade may not have many suitors with his injury history. Given he already has a scholarship here I think he may just keep going and get his degree here.

I seriously doubt that. A 7 footer who can shoot and is a good teammate would garner a lot of interest.

Being a 7 footer is also a very bad thing when you’ve had multiple leg injuries that have kept you out for years. Works both ways. Hoping he’s healthy and can contribute this year, but I seriously doubt he can go higher or comparable to SIU in the portal. Could only see a low major take him on if he does leave. 

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I don't know how anybody  can be upset with the amount of transfers this team has because with the culture that seemed to have been built and how these young men got along with each other the blood sweat and tears they gave to the program and their coach why would they stay when the people that they built relationships with are gone and the way things are today I would leave for geener pastures also and I would be surprised anybody stays and a total new roster is going to make it difficult to compete the next couple of years can't wait and if anybody thinks we will compete next year I think is wishful thinking because some kids will already be recruited and we don't have money to buy players

Sandman95, SlyDawg, Cowboydawg and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

And it was in danger of not existing due to the off-the-cliff enrollment drop caused by the after-shocks from the Special Admissions Program. Based upon an invitation I received two days ago from his office, and some of the information contained within, it appears that we are headed for another slippery slope. If anyone else received the same invitation, tell me what is missing from the second video that is linked within the invitation. Happy to report that his spouse who has not made it to Carbondale, will be attending. It is at the Chicago Grand Sheraton Riverwalk. Sadly, I declined the invite, there are a number of R&B legends who will be there, I wonder what that is costing SIU? PS- extravagant entertainment related spending was mentioned in his firing from Texas Southern. 

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

ReplyQuote
(@deshane)
Saluki Stadium Poster

And it was in danger of not existing due to the off-the-cliff enrollment drop caused by the after-shocks from the Special Admissions Program. Based upon an invitation I received two days ago from his office, and some of the information contained within, it appears that we are headed for another slippery slope. If anyone else received the same invitation, tell me what is missing from the second video that is linked within the invitation. Happy to report that his spouse who has not made it to Carbondale, will be attending. It is at the Chicago Grand Sheraton Riverwalk. Sadly, I declined the invite, there are a number of R&B legends who will be there, I wonder what that is costing SIU? PS- extravagant entertainment related spending was mentioned in his firing from Texas Southern. 

You will have to forgive my ignorance regarding this part of SIU history.  What was the Special Admissions Program?

ReplyQuote
Cosmos
(@cosmos)

This must be coming from a place of ignorance to what has been happening at SIU the last couple of years, so I’ll quell fears of anyone reading it. What you are referencing is a fundraiser in the Chicago area that helps pay scholarships for students at SIU. They have held similar events in Florida, Nashville, St. Louis, and are now coming back to Chicago. If you have an issue with fundraising for scholarships that gives alumni a reason to care about SIU and reconnects them with the school (by traveling to them and celebrating them) then I’m not sure there’s anything SIU could do to appease you. 

MPH and ReSaluki 88 reacted
ReplyQuote
Spike
(@spike)

I had ideas on how I would boost enrollment and academic standing.

ReplyQuote
Page 11 / 98

Share: