2024 Transfer Portal

1,460 Posts
90 Users
1629 Reactions
53.5 K Views
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Did anybody else get April Fooled by the SIU Athletics Facebook page saying Nagy would be announcing the signing of 8 players at a 3:00 PM press conference today?

This post was modified 2 months ago by Rockin' Dawg

Sandman95 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @rockin-dawg

Did anybody else get April Fooled by the SIU Athletics Facebook page saying Nagy would be announcing the signing of 8 players at a 3:00 PM press conference today?

any actual news about current Siu players in the portal that might come back ?

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@dunkledog 

he was going to meet the non committed portal players I believed today/tomorrow.  
We will know by the middle to the end of the week.  Assistant coaches are the priority, since they can bring in their experience and expertise on recruits they were looking at. I don’t think you will hear anything til at least the end of the week at it’s earliest 

This post was modified 2 months ago by KIWIBALL

ReplyQuote
 Enuf
(@enuf)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Is the money players receive public ? If so ,it would be nice to see the financing of the Final Four. For that matter,it would be even better to list each teams NIL,replace the NET with NIL loot and invite and seed accordingly.

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @enuf

Is the money players receive public ? If so ,it would be nice to see the financing of the Final Four. For that matter,it would be even better to list each teams NIL,replace the NET with NIL loot and invite and seed accordingly.

I believe that the current NCAA model is that the NIL money doesn't come from the school but from a private organization (the NIL collectives). Now, that may change at some point, but for now all of the money are private transactions. 

This FAQ from the Floorburn U collective will answer a lot of questions.

https://nilfloorburnu.com/faq/

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@obd the university cannot be involved with paying players.  The collective is overseen by an administrative but most is from outside sources. I just saw on face book Marcus Domask doing a commercial for door dash about little Cesar’s 

ReplyQuote
(@garywilsonfan)

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Psychodawg
(@psychodawg)
Saluki Stadium Poster

@rockin-dawg I read this but didn't believe it.

WOOF!

ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @psychodawg

@rockin-dawg I read this but didn't believe it.

You are obviously less gullible than I am!

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

So, not sure if this is new, but there is a 2024-2025 roster now on the mens basketball website, and it includes Stulic, Hensley, Davis, Miller, Hornecker, Ferguson, Sharp, Rupert, and Ebube. I don't think they had a 24-25 roster up a day ago, and now they do. Interesting to me that all of these guys are in the portal except Sharp, but are now on next years roster. 

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Seems like they have everyone on there except D'Amico which makes sense

This post was modified 1 month ago by SalukiWorld

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@salukiworld think we might be in for some good news? Idk why they would be listed if they are in the portal

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @dunkledog

@salukiworld think we might be in for some good news? Idk why they would be listed if they are in the portal

I don't think the roster page means much, they can easily just remove players like D'Amico if they commit elsewhere.  I hope players are back but a lot of players were very loyal to Mullins.  SIU is still a good situation though with plenty of playing time available right now.   

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I’m ready to hear some news. Let’s get somebody from the portal: player or coach. 

SlyDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

SIU has just listed everyone on the website who has eligibility and has not committed to another team. As players commit to other schools they will take them off the roster. Let's hope at least several who entered the portal announce they are staying in the near future.

ReplyQuote
Page 30 / 98

Share: