90 Users
1629 Reactions
53.5 K Views
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

Posted by: @salukiworld

Stulic to the portal

https://twitter.com/jovanstulic/status/1776297937816993814?s=46&t=7s0hTttieSER8wqRSA0LoA

Wonder what was said in that conversation to make him decide to transfer.  I was thinking he might fit well with Nagy's offensive scheme.  

Good luck to Mr. Stulic going forward.

Go Dawgs!

ReplyQuote
Number 1 fan
(@number-1-fan)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: @dunkledog

Stulic to the portal

https://twitter.com/jovanstulic/status/1776297937816993814?s=46&t=7s0hTttieSER8wqRSA0LoA

im shocked he entered. Tons of playing time on a team that probably would actually use his scoring ability 

Nagy strikes me as a straight shooter. He's not going to beat around the bush if you're looking for answers. Stulic probably wanted the guarantee that he would get playing time, receive some credit for sticking around and receive a starter/captain spot as a thank you for sticking it out through the chaos. Nagy probably told him no guarantees and he's going to recruit the best team he can and can't promise Jovan how he would fit in, so Jovan, who doesn't want a repeat of 2023-2024, hit the road. Just a guess. 

ReplyQuote
(@sandman95)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Or maybe Stulic wants a chance to win.  He could play a supporting role on some winning teams.

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @sandman95

Or maybe Stulic wants a chance to win.  He could play a supporting role on some winning teams.

In a conference similar to the MVC? I don't think so. He played zero role on a middle of the pack team this year. Maybe in a lower level conference...

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @airdawg86

Posted by: @salukifan32

Posted by: @siu-alum-05

Dawgs basketball on X reposted this. I follow multiple portal accounts on X and this is the first player I have seen SIU's name associated with.

https://twitter.com/HitmenHoops/status/1776050448211832847?t=Om6FoooYtdNX8RPfjV9uXA&s=19

Shot 41.3% from 3 as a true freshman at Memphis. Then transferred to Creighton this season but was stuck behind some very good players and didn't play much at all. I'd definitely take him. Good size

SIU and 12 other schools on the list; I'd bet dollars-to-donuts that the first 6 listed schools and probably Georgia Southern too have much more money in their NIL collectives to offer Lawson than SIU could offer.

Still he looks like he'd be a valuable addition if we can sign him.   Get him to campus, walk him thru Thompson Wood and to lunch at Quatro's.

Might get attacked by the deer that own campus!  LOL

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
oberkfell
(@oberkfell)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Looks like Sharp can be a one man team and keep all the NIL money.  

ReplyQuote
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)

Posted by: @mr_woogers

Posted by: @airdawg86

Posted by: @salukifan32

Posted by: @siu-alum-05

SIU and 12 other schools on the list; I'd bet dollars-to-donuts that the first 6 listed schools and probably Georgia Southern too have much more money in their NIL collectives to offer Lawson than SIU could offer.

Still he looks like he'd be a valuable addition if we can sign him.   Get him to campus, walk him thru Thompson Wood and to lunch at Quatro's.

Might get attacked by the deer that own campus!  LOL

LOL!  It's probably been 5 years now since I last walked through Thompson  Woods and the one thing I remember from that day was how many friggin' tree rats (aka squirrels) were scurrying in all directions everywhere all at once.

Go Dawgs!

oberkfell reacted
ReplyQuote
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)

Posted by: @oberkfell

Looks like Sharp can be a one man team and keep all the NIL money.  

LOL.

Go Dawgs!

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @number-1-fan

Stulic to the portal

im shocked he entered. Tons of playing time on a team that probably would actually use his scoring ability 

Nagy strikes me as a straight shooter. He's not going to beat around the bush if you're looking for answers. Stulic probably wanted the guarantee that he would get playing time, receive some credit for sticking around and receive a starter/captain spot as a thank you for sticking it out through the chaos. Nagy probably told him no guarantees and he's going to recruit the best team he can and can't promise Jovan how he would fit in, so Jovan, who doesn't want a repeat of 2023-2024, hit the road. Just a guess. 

didnt know you were a fly on the wall in the conversation.  You have no f***ing idea what was said or come close to what was said. NIL money. IF We don’t have it then you can forget about getting these top guys from other schools. We are the runt of the litter.  
These portal kids are looking at one thing. How much NIL money am I going to get.  
Believe what you want.  NIL MONEY is going to make us or break us 

Sandman95 reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @kiwiball

Posted by: @number-1-fan

Stulic to the portal

didnt know you were a fly on the wall in the conversation.  You have no f***ing idea what was said or come close to what was said. NIL money. IF We don’t have it then you can forget about getting these top guys from other schools. We are the runt of the litter.  
These portal kids are looking at one thing. How much NIL money am I going to get.  
Believe what you want.  NIL MONEY is going to make us or break us 

No offense to Stulic but even if we were flowing in NIL $$$, we’re likely not going to prioritize a guy that couldn’t get off the bench on a 6th place Valley team

Rockin' Dawg, Cowboydawg, Salukifan32 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I am speaking of in Generalities.  Unless we have NIL MONEY and plenty of it.  We are going to get the Stulics of the world. 

ReplyQuote
Spike
(@spike)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Stulic to the portal

He's played 5 years and has averaged under 5 PPG for his career.

ReplyQuote
beadmedaddio
(@beadmedaddio)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

@salukiworld I agree.  Recruits like this are what cost Bryan his job.  Not this one kid in particular. But the total body of recruits.

I'm not sayin' -- I'm just sayin'!

ReplyQuote
 MPH
(@mph)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Holtmann has been killing it in the portal the last couple weeks for DePaul. I wonder how much of that is influenced by Bryan. 

Regardless, we don't really know how hamstrung he was by NIL here.

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @mph

Holtmann has been killing it in the portal the last couple weeks for DePaul. I wonder how much of that is influenced by Bryan. 

Regardless, we don't really know how hamstrung he was by NIL here.

Probably very little due to Bryan. Holtmann was a stud recruiter at Ohio State. It’s his bench coaching that got him canned. 

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 32 / 98

Share: