90 Users
1808 Reactions
57.6 K Views
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @saluki44

Posted by: @mph

Holtmann has been killing it in the portal the last couple weeks for DePaul. I wonder how much of that is influenced by Bryan. 

Regardless, we don't really know how hamstrung he was by NIL here.

Probably very little due to Bryan. Holtmann was a stud recruiter at Ohio State. It’s his bench coaching that got him canned. 

If I had to guess, D'Amico (obviously) and NJ Benson are Bryan gets.  

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Holtmann has been killing it in the portal the last couple weeks for DePaul. I wonder how much of that is influenced by Bryan. 

Probably very little due to Bryan. Holtmann was a stud recruiter at Ohio State. It’s his bench coaching that got him canned. 

I didn’t know you were privileged to know how De Paul was recruiting.  I don’t think Holman said , poor Bryan got fired. I need to help him out with a job. Bryan will contribute with recruitment and other various roles. 
Some of you guys think that Bryan was 0-155 in his career. 

oberkfell reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @kiwiball

I didn’t know you were privileged to know how De Paul was recruiting.  I don’t think Holman said , poor Bryan got fired. I need to help him out with a job. Bryan will contribute with recruitment and other various roles. 

He had jones and domask. Then the 3rd best scorer in the country and never went more than 5-27 against the top 3 teams in the conference in 5 years. He simply was not a good enough coach. He will help with recruiting because holtman wont institute a defense first 45 point scoring offense so he will be able to actually get players 

oberkfell reacted
ReplyQuote
SIU Alum 05
(@siu-alum-05)
Saluki Stadium Poster

@salukiworld Agreed. I was a big fan of Troy when he was here, but he is going to be WAY out of his depth in the Big East.

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @dunkledog

He had jones and domask. Then the 3rd best scorer in the country and never went more than 5-27 against the top 3 teams in the conference in 5 years. He simply was not a good enough coach. He will help with recruiting because holtman wont institute a defense first 45 point scoring offense so he will be able to actually get players 

Dunkledog for the love of God shut up and let it go for once be a bigger man

SIU_2011 and Sandman95 reacted
ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Not every thread on this site needs to be about you like Bryan or not. Good grief…

ReplyQuote
(@freedawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Can we please move on from arguing about Bryan Mullins or any other former coach or player? That is all history. I am more concerned with where we are headed rather than where we have been. 

INSaluki, Jabman62, Salukifan32 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@freedawg so what’s the solution. Someone said holtman was killing it in the portal. Then Someone interjected and said Bryan had to be helping. When we try and talk about holtman or Nagy strengths we get yelled at because saying another coach is good at something is taken as an insult to Bryan. I think we’re trying to move on also but kinda hard when we’re dragged back in whenever we compliment someone on something and people get offended.

This post was modified 1 month ago by Dunkledog

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

Posted by: @jabman62

will try to be no point in talking about the past. Good or bad. Nagy is the future and the only Saluki worth talking about at this point since he is with us 

INSaluki and oberkfell reacted
ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

I like how you call him out but not kiwi who came across as way more rude lol

Rockin' Dawg, Quatros Saluki, oberkfell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

#1 Troy will do fine in the Big East. He was solid here and he will be solid there.

#2 The Mullins fan club needs to stifle if they want this BM rehash to stop. Chris Holtman was a very good recruiter and coach. Ohio State did not play up to their talent this year, but who knows why. (they should never have fired Thad) Let's not start up this "Loyola made the Final Four even though Moser sucked only because of Mullins" theme again.

Rockin' Dawg, Quatros Saluki, Saluki44 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I stated that Bryan will contribute with recruiting and other various roles. 

Recruiting is gambling. Sometimes you win and sometimes the house wins. Certain posters on her think the whole Mullins era was a house win and Mullins failed miserably.  
You do the best job you can with the resources you have. You can go back to our last couple of coaches on recruitment.  Some had winners in their recruitment and some had misses. It’s not an exact science.  Each coach has a different approach to recruitment.  Nagy has his, with WSU. He may have to change that strategy now in the MVC. Since our league according to Palm and others is our league is ranked higher. 
Let’s see how he does in the next few years and then be the judge of how good Nagy is. 

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukifan32

I like how you call him out but not kiwi who came across as way more rude lol

both of them are relentless and need a new hobby let us move forward not every post has to compare current events to the past 

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@jabman62 I agree we can move on. But simply saying a new coach will have an easier time recruiting because he likes offense isn’t a comparison or an insult to Mullins. We need to be able to start talking about the strengths of a new coach without it being taken as an insult to the old coach

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

Almost been a week since Nagy was hired. Gotta start seeing some movement 

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 33 / 106

Share: