2024 Transfer Portal

1,530 Posts
90 Users
1727 Reactions
55.1 K Views
SIU Alum 05
(@siu-alum-05)
Saluki Stadium Poster

My bad guys. I didn't know he was already in the portal. The way that tweet read it sounded like he had just entered.

ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @siu-alum-05

https://twitter.com/BasketHoopz/status/1784315792130966001?t=FCFcEyYbRDs58-A5jCgq6g&s=19

I am quite surprised that a player of his caliber is still available. From information I have read, he seemed to have had a good relationship with Coach Nagy. Will be interesting to see where he ends up. Guessing a Power 5, however who really knows in todays landscape. 

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @tj-mcflys

Posted by: @siu-alum-05

https://twitter.com/BasketHoopz/status/1784315792130966001?t=FCFcEyYbRDs58-A5jCgq6g&s=19

I am quite surprised that a player of his caliber is still available. From information I have read, he seemed to have had a good relationship with Coach Nagy. Will be interesting to see where he ends up. Guessing a Power 5, however who really knows in todays landscape. 

I don't think he has power 5 talent. He is 6'10", but not very athletic. I think his 12 ppg and 6 rebounds are inflated a little by Nagy system and Horizon league competition. There are quite a few portal centers I would take over him. That's not to say I wouldn't take him as we currently do not have a center that has played a  minute of college basketball.

ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@resaluki-88 

Upon further review of his highlights I agree with you. Not a P5 prospect. I do believe however that having his type of experience would certainly benefit us, especially the younger players in Webber and Aligbe. Will be interesting to see where he lands.  

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Kyle_Saluki_17, saluki82, Salukifan32 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
DirtyDale
(@dirtydale)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

Commit!

https://twitter.com/goodmanhoops/status/1786814383814799564?s=46&t=7s0hTttieSER8wqRSA0LoA

love it 

ReplyQuote
SIU Alum 05
(@siu-alum-05)
Saluki Stadium Poster

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Let's go! Got our new 4 man! And keeping the Texas pipeline going. A civil engineering major too, impressive 

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

Commit!

https://twitter.com/goodmanhoops/status/1786814383814799564?s=46&t=7s0hTttieSER8wqRSA0LoA

We are getting more athletic! Really like this commit. Slasher, rebounder and has a nice mid range game. He can really get his own shot and get to the basket. Looks to be a natural 3. Only drawback is he isn't a 3 point threat. Love his athleticism.  

Saluki44 and Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukifan32

Let's go! Got our new 4 man! And keeping the Texas pipeline going. A civil engineering major too, impressive 

I think he's more of a 3 for us. Hensley should be the starter at the 4. I doubt they brought this guy in to backup the 4. 

ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @resaluki-88

I think he's more of a 3 for us. Hensley should be the starter at the 4. I doubt they brought this guy in to backup the 4. 

I mean with Nagy the 3/4 are interchangeable on offense. Sykes isn't a 3-point shooter so offensively doubt he'll be on the perimeter a whole lot. Hopefully it's something he's working on. He's not an awful free throw shooter so maybe he can develop a 3-pt shot?

ReSaluki 88 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dogdays)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Replaces AJ, without the three ball.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by dogdays

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @resaluki-88

I mean with Nagy the 3/4 are interchangeable on offense. Sykes isn't a 3-point shooter so offensively doubt he'll be on the perimeter a whole lot. Hopefully it's something he's working on. He's not an awful free throw shooter so maybe he can develop a 3-pt shot?

He's got really good handles and had 26 steals in 22 games. I like his overall game a lot. Really good jumper from 14-17 feet. Like you said no 3 point threat yet, hopefully working on it. Love to see us get Davis and Mayo. then all we need are a good experienced PG and center.

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @dogdays

Replaces AJ, without the three ball.

Similar game, similar size. Skyes is probably a better rebounder, but definitely not as good from 3.

ReplyQuote
Page 73 / 102

Share: