55.2 K Views
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @resaluki-88

Posted by: @salukifan32

Let's go! Got our new 4 man! And keeping the Texas pipeline going. A civil engineering major too, impressive 

I think he's more of a 3 for us. Hensley should be the starter at the 4. I doubt they brought this guy in to backup the 4. 

I mean with Nagy the 3/4 are interchangeable on offense. Sykes isn't a 3-point shooter so offensively doubt he'll be on the perimeter a whole lot. Hopefully it's something he's working on. He's not an awful free throw shooter so maybe he can develop a 3-pt shot?

He's got really good handles and had 26 steals in 22 games. I like his overall game a lot. Really good jumper from 14-17 feet. Like you said no 3 point threat yet, hopefully working on it. Love to see us get Davis and Mayo. then all we need are a good experienced PG and center.

Not to get too ahead of ourselves but if we land Mayo and get Davis back, no reason we can't compete for top 3 in the Valley next year...

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Let's go! Got our new 4 man! And keeping the Texas pipeline going. A civil engineering major too, impressive 

I think he's more of a 3 for us. Hensley should be the starter at the 4. I doubt they brought this guy in to backup the 4. 

I agree he's probably not coming here to be a back-up which makes me wonder if Kennard isn't going to be back.  

ReplyQuote
SIU Alum 05
(@siu-alum-05)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

Thanks for the highlight reel! I really love his midrange game!! I feel like the midrange game is a lost art in today's game.

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

I agree he's probably not coming here to be a back-up which makes me wonder if Kennard isn't going to be back.  

yep, although I think Kennard can play the 2, but then that would make Mayo a backup if he happens to commit. 

ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)

I feel like it's not a guarantee Hensley is going to start. I wasn't expecting him too but maybe I'm reading it wrong? Feels like he'd be the primary backup for the 4/5 spots

ReplyQuote
(@dogdays)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Nothing to do with Davis coming back. Gotta have a roster of quality players, with size. Regardless of what Kennard does they need guys like this. It’s more about minutes than who starts.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by dogdays

ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)

Posted by: @dogdays

Nothing to do with Davis coming back. Gotta have a roster of quality players, with size. Regardless of what Kennard does they need guys like this.

Yep. Need as many good players as we can get. Figure out the rest later

ReplyQuote
the bobber
(@the-bobber)
Saluki Platnum Member Saluki Insider

I was told this guy was "wig." when i asked what the hell that meant, they said it meant he was good.

i said "oh, you mean he is yeet."

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

https://twitter.com/theportalreport/status/1786838348033556526?s=46&t=7s0hTttieSER8wqRSA0LoA

6-9 Sophomore from Ghana.  Started at San Diego.  Averaged 14 PPG at Western Texas JUCO

SIU Alum 05 reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Sykes looks like he can play and Southern needs players. Looks like Steffe’s dad is an honorary assistant coach. I’m also hoping it doesn’t  adversely affect the chances of keeping Davis.

Still plenty of holes to address, especially at the 1 and 5.

ReplyQuote
Cosmos
(@cosmos)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Length, length, and more length. A quality pass-first point guard will really unlock this team’s potential. 

ReplyQuote
Cosmos
(@cosmos)

From my POV, the Hawkins-Steffe effect appears to have legs in recruiting 

Kyle_Saluki_17, AJCSaluki, Salukifan32 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@d1hoops)
Dawg Pound Poster

@dunkledog Your agenda is worn and mostly incorrect.  8th in makes at almost 35% from a line 2 feet farther than anyone else in top 20 had.  All from a kid who will likely be able to buy and sell you in a few years.

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)

Nothing against Hensley, I like him and I’m happy he is coming back, but if we think he is the starter, we won’t be that good. Hensley will make a great backup 4.

siudawgs and Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@d1hoops lol joined 2 months ago and 3 posts no need to defend your family member . Whoever you are

ReplyQuote
Page 74 / 102

Share: