2024 Transfer Portal

1,556 Posts
90 Users
1769 Reactions
56.5 K Views
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

I must say all of the portal additions thus far as terrific. Coach Nagy and staff doing work, and the results are showing! Yours truly is super excited.

In Nagy I trusty!

GO DAWGS!!! 

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @dunkledog

Jesus so this is what it’s like being excited again. Love getting this kind of player . All aboard the nagy train 

Such a great staff we are so very lucky to have. 

ReplyQuote
(@freedawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Things are definitely looking better than they did two weeks ago. There are still hundreds of non-committed players left in the portal. I am still hoping for a Kennard Davis return. 

Sadly, I see this as an annual scenario for mid-majors in all sports. 

ReplyQuote
(@crazysaluki)
Davies Gym Poster

Any more visits set up for this weekend?

ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@salukiworld Judging by Nagy's comments, though, I really don't think Hensley is going to be playing the 5... I may be off but this is how I'm currently looking at the roster:

1: Sharp
2: Bey, Steffe

3: Davis (I'm putting him on here) Mayo Jr

4: Sykes, Hensley

5: Webber, Aligbe

Bey, Davis, Mayo all feel interchangeable at the 2/3 almost 

Freedawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @foxman24

@salukiworld Judging by Nagy's comments, though, I really don't think Hensley is going to be playing the 5... I may be off but this is how I'm currently looking at the roster:

1: Sharp
2: Bey, Steffe

3: Davis (I'm putting him on here) Mayo Jr

4: Sykes, Hensley

5: Webber, Aligbe

Bey, Davis, Mayo all feel interchangeable at the 2/3 almost 

If the staff adds a few more pieces that fill positions of need and build depth, this roster will have an awful lot of flexibility.

Foxman24 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @freedawg

Things are definitely looking better than they did two weeks ago. There are still hundreds of non-committed players left in the portal. I am still hoping for a Kennard Davis return. 

Sadly, I see this as an annual scenario for mid-majors in all sports. 

Makes me sick. Imagine what pro basketball would be like if there was unlimited free agency - players could change every year. Tough to feel loyalty for a team if it's a totally different team every year.

It's a complete mess and the worthless NCAA needs to address it pronto. Make players sign contracts or something. Or better yet, take all that NCAA basketball money and set aside most of it for players and each team in the division gets the same amount to divvy up.

Schools are just buying teams now and we have bidding wars. Ruination of a great sport!

ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Hensley and Bey can both shoot from outside and I think we are underestimating Kennard's shooting, as well.

Psychodawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@siucubfan8)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

@mr_woogers The NCAA has no say anymore, they are powerless.

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin
Topic starter  

@siucubfan8 Totally agree.

Look at the pending House case vs. the NCAA. It's going to be revenue sharing to the players. For the Power 4 schools, a percentage of future revenue (in the area of 20 percent) is going to go to the players. The big question is how will this decision affect Group of 5 and FCS schools that don't have the appropriate revenue sources. And, on top if that, they are looking for back pay (to 2017) which could be in the multiple BILLIONS of dollars.

Eventually, we are headed to the point where student athletes will be full-blown employees of the schools.

Saloukeyfan reacted
ReplyQuote
(@85dawg)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Regarding the portal, I wonder how many college credits are lost via annual transfers? Trying to keep up with the credits that transfer and more likely ones that do NOT transfer seems like a daunting task.

It certainly makes a mockery of the NCAA favorite term “student athletes”

1DAWG and Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @85dawg

Regarding the portal, I wonder how many college credits are lost via annual transfers? Trying to keep up with the credits that transfer and more likely ones that do NOT transfer seems like a daunting task.

And most schools have a requirement of a minimum number of semester hours at that institution to get a degree there. Athletes that transfer more than once may have a difficult time ever getting that college degree unless they stay an extra year just for academics.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Mr_Woogers

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @mr_woogers

Posted by: @85dawg

And most schools have a requirement of a minimum number of semester hours at that institution to get a degree there. Athletes that transfer more than once may have a difficult time ever getting that college degree unless they stay an extra year just for academics.

I read a stat a few days ago, something like 50% of players that enter the portal never graduate, and high percentage never play DI bball again.

ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Damn, cross Eli Wilborn off the list - just committed to Duquesne.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

ReplyQuote
Page 83 / 104

Share: