57.4 K Views
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

vet 5 and a vet PG would make this a very enticing roster

ReplyQuote
DirtyDale
(@dirtydale)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

If we get Kennard back then I’m going to be the conductor of the hype train. 

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

We’re pretty loaded with length and athleticism now and some untapped potential.  I don’t know if they see Steffe as a point guard or a shooting guard but probably need to bring in a point guard.

Next season is looking pretty exciting right now.

We need a good PG and an experienced center. If Nash commits we are probably looking at starting a true freshman at PG. However, Nash already has a D1 body and mad skills. Webber on the other hand is raw. He's talented but very raw and it takes centers longer to get acclimated to D1. We would probably be in big trouble if we needed to start him at Center right away with Aligbe as backup.

ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@dirtydale 93.45% sure he's coming back

JoeC50 reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @dirtydale

If we get Kennard back then I’m going to be the conductor of the hype train. 

I hope they don’t run out of NIL money before adding:

- Kennard back into the fold

- A starting caliber PG

- A starting caliber 5 man with some physicality

- Another shooter (I don’t see much shooting beyond Steffe)

Five open rides still, I believe.

ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Dang it these guys are gonna make me buy season tickets again. I swore I wouldn’t. Lol

siudawgs reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @foxman24

He's going to be very good IMO

I'm betting that Nagy and his staff will harness his potential and he will make a big impact sooner rather than later. Not sure I would have trusted Dana Ford to bring out anybody's potential.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @resaluki-88

We’re pretty loaded with length and athleticism now and some untapped potential.  I don’t know if they see Steffe as a point guard or a shooting guard but probably need to bring in a point guard.

We need a good PG and an experienced center. If Nash commits we are probably looking at starting a true freshman at PG. However, Nash already has a D1 body and mad skills. Webber on the other hand is raw. He's talented but very raw and it takes centers longer to get acclimated to D1. We would probably be in big trouble if we needed to start him at Center right away with Aligbe as backup.

I’m penciling in a redshirt for Aligbe given Nagy’s history with Freshmen and the fact that he had SIUe and Central Connecticut as his other 2 offers.  I do think there’s something there though for the future.  He’s got good pedigree (brother is at Seton Hall) and HS guys are basically being ignored right now because of the portal so the offers don’t bother me much.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by SalukiWorld

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

@dirtydale 93.45% sure he's coming back

The fact that he hasn’t stated that intention makes it fair to wonder if he’s taking a long look at his NIL options.

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Jesus so this is what it’s like being excited again. Love getting this kind of player . All aboard the nagy train 

TJ McFlys and Psychodawg reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @resaluki-88

I’m penciling in a redshirt for Aligbe given Nagy’s history with Freshmen and the fact that he had SIUe and Central Connecticut as his other 2 offers.  I do think there’s something there though for the future.  He’s got good pedigree (brother is at Seton Hall) and HS guys are basically being ignored right now because of the portal so the offers don’t bother me much.

I agree on Aligbe. I think that just puts that much more importance on getting a true veteran center. If Weber is the backup we are probably going to need to play whoever we get 30+ minutes a game. If we get Nash I would be less worried about getting a veteran PG. 

SalukiWorld reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @ajcsaluki

He's going to be very good IMO

I'm betting that Nagy and his staff will harness his potential and he will make a big impact sooner rather than later. Not sure I would have trusted Dana Ford to bring out anybody's potential.

I don’t doubt that he has talent but I hope he sticks around long enough to develop into a winning college player … reading his bio from the Missouri State website, he certainly hops around a lot (high school and AAU programs, and now college, albeit after a coaching change).

It’ll be interesting to see how he’s used with his lean body type.

ReplyQuote
salukis60
(@salukis60)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Tyler Bey is originally from Newark, N.J., and played his prep year at Overtime Elite in Atlanta where he earned a four-star ranking from ESPN and three-star accreditation by Rivals, 247 Sports and On3.com. ESPN also ranks him as one of the top 30 small forwards in the country in the class of 2023.

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Others have mentioned this too, but PG, 5 man with experience, and more SHOOTERS are needed. Some of these guys might develop, but so far no proven shooters at this level (although I think Steffe will be a good one).

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

I have 0 idea on positions right now but this is how things are coming along: (link)

I think there's a chance Hensley either starts at Center or at least gets some major minutes there but we'll know more once the roster gets complete.

One thing that stands out to me is everyone is 6'3" or taller.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by SalukiWorld

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 82 / 106

Share: