1,570 Posts
90 Users
1778 Reactions
56.9 K Views
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @salukifan32

Nash would be insane. Our highest rated recruit since Booker right? Looking at his offer list I didn't think it was realistic at all but now I have a sliver of hope

High majors don’t really care about high school recruiting anymore.  They might have interest but they’d rather poach from the mid-majors and play a vet over give a high school kid big minutes right away.  SIU can offer Nash big minutes from the start and plenty of freedom.  I don’t think he’s a guy we’d be able to keep 4 years but who knows.  He’s worth taking a chance on.

Rockin' Dawg, DirtyDale, salukis60 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

Nash would be insane. Our highest rated recruit since Booker right? Looking at his offer list I didn't think it was realistic at all but now I have a sliver of hope

High majors don’t really care about high school recruiting anymore.  They might have interest but they’d rather poach from the mid-majors and play a vet over give a high school kid big minutes right away.  SIU can offer Nash big minutes from the start and plenty of freedom.  I don’t think he’s a guy we’d be able to keep 4 years but who knows.  He’s worth taking a chance on.

I don't care if he won't be here 4 years. He's a better option as our PG as a freshman than some of the guys we may land in the portal. That's how we gotta look at it now in this era 

ReplyQuote
DirtyDale
(@dirtydale)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately, as well. These HS players that are 3 or 4 star recruits might be financially better to go to a smaller school and play immediately to showcase their talent and then get the bigger NIL deals in the portal rather than go to a larger school, get buried in the rotation behind a stud transfer upperclassman. Then they mostly likely lose a year of playing time and transfer down. Obviously this isn’t every case but I see it a lot. 

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
saluki82
(@saluki82)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @joec50

Let’s get Cade back now!

I would really like to see Cade stay. He's a 7 footer with a nice shooting touch from anywhere.

Mr_Woogers reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@salukiworld Can confirm I am also POSSIBLY maybe going to be eating dinner later 😉

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

I'm tickled that KD is back and ecstatic with our recruits so far. Nice work by the coaches. 

We could really have a nice team in Nagy's first year. Go Dawgs!

ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Kudos to this staff! And interacting with them on social media as well. All around great vibes right now

ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I don't care if he won't be here 4 years. He's a better option as our PG as a freshman than some of the guys we may land in the portal. That's how we gotta look at it now in this era 

Agreed. I think you sign him if you can for two reasons. First, if he's as good as advertised, he's a game-changer in the MVC, even as a freshman. And even if he's NOT as good as advertised, he's probably still good enough to make a major impact. Second, you never know what might happen in a year. Maybe he loves SIU, loves the coaching staff and loves the fans, and maybe somehow big NIL money will be there and all those factors will be enough for him to stay at least another year. Reason No. 2 probably isn't realistic ... but if you don't aim high, you'll never know for sure.

ReplyQuote
BleedFknMaroon25
(@bleedfknmaroon25)

Posted by: @kyle_saluki_17

Take this for what it’s worth. I replied to Coach Mamon’s post with “Nash and/or Dibba?” and he favorited my tweet. I think it’s Nash. 

I don’t know if Dibba makes much sense anymore.  I think any big additions are gonna come at point guard or center 

We won't fill all the remaining spots with 1's and 5's. If you can get a player of Dibba's caliber and athletic ability, you do it.

--Insert something witty here--

Rockin' Dawg, Salukifan32, Mr_Woogers and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Sykes has not signed yet. Anybody know anything about that?

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)

Posted by: @mr_woogers

Sykes has not signed yet. Anybody know anything about that?

not really uncommon, not concerned about it.

I don’t think Aligbe has either

ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@quatroschallengesaluki Aligbe signed 4/29 just FYI

ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Some true 5s I wouldn't mind seeing us go after that to my knowledge are still available:

Javonte Brown - 7'0" from Western Michigan. Previously at TAMU

Max Allen - 6'9" from Marist

Enoch Boakye - 6'11" from Fresno St. Previously at Arizona State. 

Other one that I'm high on is Dominic Parolin from Lehigh - but we've already been after him AFAIK

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)

Posted by: @foxman24

@quatroschallengesaluki Aligbe signed 4/29 just FYI

ah, yes he did, totally missed that

ReplyQuote
Page 87 / 105

Share: