1780 Reactions
57 K Views
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @saluki-4-life

Posted by: @kyle_saluki_17

Posted by: @saluki44

Somebody get a wellness check in on Saluki_4_Life. 

Come on man, let it go. We’re all ecstatic to have Davis back. Leave it at that. 

I too am pumped.

Good! Can't wait for your your retraction of the trash talk against Leonard, Nagy, Lane, and all forward-looking Saluki fans!  🙂 

Now I'm waiting for Dawgshortof8bits to come around - it's so hard to admit you're wrong sometimes!

Nagy's Dad coached with Lou Henson for years (one of my all-time favorite coaches) and the nut doesn't fall far from the tree. SN is going to do just fine here.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Mr_Woogers

Saluki44 and AJCSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @salukifan32

Posted by: @salukiworld

Posted by: @salukifan32

Nash would be insane. Our highest rated recruit since Booker right? Looking at his offer list I didn't think it was realistic at all but now I have a sliver of hope

High majors don’t really care about high school recruiting anymore.  They might have interest but they’d rather poach from the mid-majors and play a vet over give a high school kid big minutes right away.  SIU can offer Nash big minutes from the start and plenty of freedom.  I don’t think he’s a guy we’d be able to keep 4 years but who knows.  He’s worth taking a chance on.

I don't care if he won't be here 4 years. He's a better option as our PG as a freshman than some of the guys we may land in the portal. That's how we gotta look at it now in this era 

Do NOT assume good players are leaving. Don't even talk about it. I think something will be done - maybe the MIDs form their own org actually devoted to basketball instead of just money! 

I just don't think the Mids will put up with this ESPN funded, NCAA sanctioned mess for too long.

ESPN might be the worst thing to ever happen to amateur sports - greedy org that now shoves sports gambling down the viewer's throat. The Mob must be happy.

ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Come on man, let it go. We’re all ecstatic to have Davis back. Leave it at that. 

I too am pumped.

After coming on here and gloating every time things looked bleak, trashing our new Head Coach, calling our AD a liar, and saying we wouldn't even be able to field a team....now you're pumped?  Yeah, whatever.

Austinsaluki, INSaluki, saluki82 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @mr_woogers

I too am pumped.

Good! Can't wait for your your retraction of the trash talk against Leonard, Nagy, Lane, and all forward-looking Saluki fans!  🙂 

Now I'm waiting for Dawgshortof8bits to come around - it's so hard to admit you're wrong sometimes!

Nagy's Dad coached with Lou Henson for years (one of my all-time favorite coaches) and the nut doesn't fall far from the tree. SN is going to do just fine here.

When Nagy was hired, I mentioned that I was familiar with what he had done at Wright State because of some work I did for Dayton media. He had turned chaos into order in his first season there, and thus I was confident he could at least build a respectable team in Year 1 at SIU. Depending on how the rest of the recruiting season plays out, it appears that I might have been wrong -- Nagy and his staff could be putting together something that's considerably better than "respectable."

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by AJCSaluki

Austinsaluki, Foxman24, INSaluki and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@ajcsaluki I agree. I think people underestimate what an experienced coach can do. It shouldn’t take a coach with his experience and winning level two years to put together a decent team.

ReplyQuote
(@dogdays)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

That’s particularly more true in the portal era. Harder before that.

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @rockin-dawg

I too am pumped.

After coming on here and gloating every time things looked bleak, trashing our new Head Coach, calling our AD a liar, and saying we wouldn't even be able to field a team....now you're pumped?  Yeah, whatever.

Consider me very concerned about your opinion. I do not care.

Sandman95 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@saluki-4-life yep when even the guys on twitter who consistently said this thing would be a disaster because we lost players like Davis have gone completely silent. It’s probably time everyone moves on and forward.

Mdogs1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Spike
(@spike)

So what is the roster as of now?

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Posted by: @dunkledog

@saluki-4-life yep when even the guys on twitter who consistently said this thing would be a disaster because we lost players like Davis have gone completely silent. It’s probably time everyone moves on and forward.

I have long since moved on, everyone else seems to be hanging onto it... I just want SIU to be good, it's all I ever wanted.  Maybe it's just Mrs. Leonard and Tim's parents that can't let this go. 😏 

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @spike

Sharp, Mayo, Steffe, Bey, Davis, Sykes, Hensley, Weber, Aligbe

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Posted by: @resaluki-88

Is Sharp on scholarship next season or still on his financial package? Do scholarships even matter now?

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @resaluki-88

If we get Nash we would have 3 scholarships left. The #1 priority would be an experienced portal center who could step in as the starter and log big minutes. With the other two I would suggest a combo guard who can shoot and play some point. With the last one maybe just take the best player available, although we could probably use another PF.

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @dunkledog

I have long since moved on, everyone else seems to be hanging onto it... I just want SIU to be good, it's all I ever wanted.  Maybe it's just Mrs. Leonard and Tim's parents that can't let this go. 😏 

Sharp was always on scholarship, you are thinking of the preferred walkon who left the team last year.

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@resaluki-88 other than Johnson I’m having a very hard time deciding if this team is honestly any worse than last years team. We might actually be better when fully constructed

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 88 / 105

Share: