1782 Reactions
57.1 K Views
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @resaluki-88

Posted by: @saluki-4-life

Posted by: @dunkledog

@saluki-4-life yep when even the guys on twitter who consistently said this thing would be a disaster because we lost players like Davis have gone completely silent. It’s probably time everyone moves on and forward.

I have long since moved on, everyone else seems to be hanging onto it... I just want SIU to be good, it's all I ever wanted.  Maybe it's just Mrs. Leonard and Tim's parents that can't let this go. 😏 

Sharp was always on scholarship, you are thinking of the preferred walkon who left the team last year.

I thought someone said they were unsure if Sharp could enter the portal until the school year was over because of his financial package.  When SIU announced the signing they said they signed him to a "financial aid agreement"... I just went back and confirmed that with their article after he signed.

ReplyQuote
 MPH
(@mph)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

I don't know if we'll look better than last year. It's too early and unfair to put those expectations on Nagy and Co. 

I'm pumped and give them major props for bringing stability out of perceived chaos, especially when things seemed to be melting down mere weeks ago. Excited for some athletic and more offensively oriented basketball.

Saloukeyfan reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@mph that’s very true I guess just being more athletically gifted and an offensive minded approach tends to be better than defensive minded teams.

MPH reacted
ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)

Posted by: @mph

I don't know if we'll look better than last year. It's too early and unfair to put those expectations on Nagy and Co. 

I'm pumped and give them major props for bringing stability out of perceived chaos, especially when things seemed to be melting down mere weeks ago. Excited for some athletic and more offensively oriented basketball.

If Nagy is given NIL money and Mullins wasn’t, it is absolutely fair to expect a better team this year. College basketball is year to year now. No more building programs. See Indiana State. 

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@kyle_saluki_17 that’s why I honestly have more belief this might work out than any team in my recent memory. If Nagy has money to spend. We are def looking in a bright direction

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Posted by: @dunkledog

@kyle_saluki_17 that’s why I honestly have more belief this might work out than any team in my recent memory. If Nagy has money to spend. We are def looking in a bright direction

I think the point was most coaches with money to spend is a bright direction.  It's like 90 percent about money now, sadly.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Rockin' Dawg, MPH, INSaluki and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Kyle_Saluki_17, Rockin' Dawg, Salukifan32 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

Bey is official

https://twitter.com/siu_basketball/status/1788654291588456771?s=46&t=7s0hTttieSER8wqRSA0LoA

Article has him at 6'9". Missouri State had him listed at 6'8". IMO he can really play anywhere from the 2-4 positions. More of a natural 2 or 3 though. With his size and athleticism the skies the limit if he can develop under Nagy over the summer and fall. Youngsters Davis, Steffe and Bey are all big time talents!

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 2 times by ReSaluki 88

AnnaBob and Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)

People will take this as a shot at our previous staff and it's not, but seriously. When's the last time we've options for our 2-4 spots as athletic as Bey, Davis and Sykes. Wow. Don't sleep on Steffe either, he's much more than just a knockdown shooter

ReplyQuote
(@crazysaluki)
Davies Gym Poster

So is Nash who we are waiting on to post his commitment post?

ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @crazysaluki

So is Nash who we are waiting on to post his commitment post?

I've heard conflicting reports.  So, I guess we don't really know for sure.

ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@salukifan32 there's a reason people were pissed he left TTU 😎

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@salukifan32 to be fair even with a nil fully funded Mullins doesn’t get them to siu not meant as an insult he just coaches a different kind of game. No one in the game wants to play low scoring defense first . It’s just not what the game is anymore. When he learns that he’s gonna be a great head coach in a few years. These players are built on the promise of money and lots of scoring

This post was modified 1 week ago 2 times by Dunkledog

SIU Alum 05 reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @resaluki-88

Posted by: @salukiworld

Bey is official

https://twitter.com/siu_basketball/status/1788654291588456771?s=46&t=7s0hTttieSER8wqRSA0LoA

Article has him at 6'9". Missouri State had him listed at 6'8". IMO he can really play anywhere from the 2-4 positions. More of a natural 2 or 3 though. With his size and athleticism the skies the limit if he can develop under Nagy over the summer and fall. Youngsters Davis, Steffe and Bey are all big time talents!

I’m wait-and-see on Bey. I do think he has talent but he has a lot of development needed and probably has both a high ceiling and a low floor.

I’m more confident they’ll get significant production out of Davis and Sykes as wings than Bey next year, but we’ll see.

ReplyQuote
Page 89 / 105

Share: