#23 Indiana State @ SIU 2/17/24 6:00 PM ESPN+

133 Posts
32 Users
95 Reactions
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

SIU gets Indiana State coming off by far their worst loss of the season after being ranked for the first time since 1979.  Jayson Kent is questionable for the game with a head injury he suffered in their previous game.  Could be a big loss for the Trees because they're 360th in the country in percentage of minutes coming from their bench (17.2%).

Links:

SIU Game Notes

Indiana St Game Notes

Sycamore Pride Message Board

Josh Schertz Saluki Radio Interview

ReplyQuote
Kid
 Kid
(@kid)
Abe Martin Field Poster

The arena should be pretty full and rocking tonight! A ranked team coming in. Should be a fun atmosphere. I'm expecting a win, but I've been wrong before 

ReplyQuote
SlyDawg
(@slydawg)
Saluki Stadium Poster

@kid yes there will be a win, but unfortunately not the team we are rooting for. 75-53 ISU

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Sycamore fan board is indicating Kent is out for tonight. May not have even traveled with the team. We will need to pound it inside with Ebube and Rupert. Ebube and Rupert can out quick Avila down low. Kent is quicker than Avila. I don't want to hear that Ebube's minutes are limited because Avila is an outside threat. Keep him down low and switch when Avila has the ball up top. Also, helps in the rebounding battle.

Rockin' Dawg, SlyDawg, BleedFknMaroon25 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
saluki82
(@saluki82)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

I don't expect a win after that difficult to watch game in Nashville but it is time to beat someone we're not supposed to beat. The dawgs have been best when they pass the ball and attack on offense and not good when they dribble around until the shot clock winds down.

SalukiWorld, SlyDawg, Austinsaluki and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

If Kent is out, the door is open for a win.  Wouldn’t bet on it though given their history against good Valley teams.

SlyDawg and Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
siufan6
(@siufan6)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Posted by: @resaluki-88

Sycamore fan board is indicating Kent is out for tonight. May not have even traveled with the team. We will need to pound it inside with Ebube and Rupert. Ebube and Rupert can out quick Avila down low. Kent is quicker than Avila. I don't want to hear that Ebube's minutes are limited because Avila is an outside threat. Keep him down low and switch when Avila has the ball up top. Also, helps in the rebounding battle.

I would hope so, but it seems like when going big makes sense, we end up sending out a small line up. 

We will see how it goes, hopefully the dawg pound shows up in big numbers.  We could definitely use a win tonight!

ReplyQuote
(@deshane)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: @siufan6

Posted by: @resaluki-88

I would hope so, but it seems like when going big makes sense, we end up sending out a small line up. 

We will see how it goes, hopefully the dawg pound shows up in big numbers.  We could definitely use a win tonight!

I would hope Mullins make an adjustment but I wouldn't count on it.  Adjusting is not a Mullins strength.  

SlyDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@salukimodemrowe)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Likely going to try to play man and will once again allow 45 points in the paint.  Illinois State did the right thing with the zone and luckily Ind St had an off night beyond the arc.  Have to give something up to give the team a chance, but I suspect this staff will do the same and yield the same results.  It was nice to see them lay off Brodie against Drake, an adjustment that kept them in it although Drake was short handed.  Ind St is not shorthanded to my knowledge.  I will either make a lot of money on what I assume is a guaranteed victory for Ind St tonight or be very happy with an upset.  It is possible the dawgs have a good night shooting and the spread is only 4.5 so just hoping for a good game.  I just feel like it is going to groundhog day

ReplyQuote
(@invisiblesaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time a ranked Indiana State team played in Carbondale they ended up losing the national championship to Michigan State?

ReplyQuote
Kid
 Kid
(@kid)
Abe Martin Field Poster

I'm choosing to believe tonight!

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Looks like Trees fans traveled well

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Sloppy start for SIU.  Rupert has all 5 SIU points, Avila has 7 for the Sycamores

ReplyQuote
(@salukimodemrowe)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

lot of empty seats, hopefully just ppl getting drinks, troy already has 2 horrible 3 pt attempts.  Clearly going to get beat back door all night again and cannot play them man, already getting whipped.  Last 2 teams that played ind st played zone, check the scores and compare with the rest of the games.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

X is really starting to struggle.  Couldn't expect him to keep up his pace all year.  It's really amazing he kept it up as long as he did.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 9

Share: