Around the Valley 2023-24

727 Posts
66 Users
413 Reactions
30.1 K Views
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Rivera starting where he left off last night with a quick 5pts, including a 3 early on vs Bradley.  UIC hanging in there early.  I don't expect that to continue, but we shall see. 

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

UIC still hanging with Bradley.  Only down 4pts with 1:37 to go in the half. 

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Bradley gives us a last second layup, after a turnover, and are only up 2pts at the half.  I did NOT see this coming.  

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Whatever adjustments Bradley made during half time have worked.  They are now up 43-26 with 15:37 to go in the game.  Pure dominance in this half.  

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Flames gassed out 

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Born, once again, looks absolutely lost on the floor right now.  Funny thing is, I am going to go ahead and call it now..............he will be 1st team all Valley next year.  

ReplyQuote
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Indiana State up 20 on UNI with 7 minutes left. Good. 

I'm so tired of UNI being garbage in OOC and early conference and then coming on at the end. 

(Inflammatory political snark)

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Feel like Indiana State rode their horses a little too hard there.  Bench is in now

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

I believe this win, due to the dominating fashion, just put the Sycamores in the NCAA tournament.  I know some, if not many, will disagree but that is my take on it.   I KNOW mids are often screwed, but I stand by my comment.  Hoping the Valley gets TWO teams in.  

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Does Schertz bail after the season or is he going to be content to stay at ISU like he did at Lincoln Memorial?  

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @austinsaluki

I'm so tired of UNI being garbage in OOC and early conference and then coming on at the end. 

if the Dawgs got beat this bad by ISU blue in the semis how bad would this thread be that being said how many people that watched the game know sometimes these things happen and yes Jake is a good coach but a similar result in the same situation  Mullins would be raked over the coals 

ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)

Posted by: @jabman62

if the Dawgs got beat this bad by ISU blue in the semis how bad would this thread be that being said how many people that watched the game know sometimes these things happen and yes Jake is a good coach but a similar result in the same situation  Mullins would be raked over the coals 

Jacobsen has had a team ranked top 10 in the nation and been to 4 tournaments. Little bit different yeah?

ReplyQuote
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)

He would have had to make it out of Thursday for that to happen.

Also, it is likely that UNI will be very, very good next year. 

(Inflammatory political snark)

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukifan32

Jacobsen has had a team ranked top 10 in the nation and been to 4 tournaments. Little bit different yeah?

all I am saying why does Jake get a pass when Mullins wouldn't and when is the last time Jake sniffed a title and would the fans here let him have a pass

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Can we not compare Mullins to Ben Jacobson?  I think the game has passed by Ben a bit because he refuses to play the portal game but there’s no denying he’s been a great coach.

Fraydog and Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 32 / 49

Share: