52 Posts
23 Users
66 Reactions
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @siudawgs

Posted by: @cosmos

Leonard said that his promise to Nagy is that we will build the largest NIL Collective in the MVC . . .

Caught that. Ambitious goal as SIU doesn’t have the reputation over the years as a fundraising powerhouse.

Actually since they brought in Kupec as CEO of the Foundation giving has increase significantly. Regarding the NIL goal, one advantage SIU has is a large alumni base compared to most of the MVC. Additionally, a lot of that base includes SIU basketball fans. I think with good exposure and hopefully good outreach to the alumni base that goal is very achievable. However, as Leonard referenced the goal will need to increase each year to stay competitive.

Kyle_Saluki_17, SIU Alum 05, Salukifan32 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Leonard said that his promise to Nagy is that we will build the largest NIL Collective in the MVC . . .

Heard it and was surprised. Love the vision, though.

ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Gotta say I love the vision Leonard has for our athletics. "A glutton for winning" indeed. 

I think they should connect with Mark Gazdik at Dayton too and see how they've structured their operations. Gazdik used to be in our athletics dept - they've had (I think) 3 years straight of sellouts at UD, and made SIGNIFICANT strides in NIL

Salukifan32 and INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @saluki44

Heard it and was surprised. Love the vision, though.

I'm thrilled that they are thinking big. Perhaps it is an apples/oranges comparison, but it is the kind of vision that fueled the university's rapid growth and momentum throughout the 1960s and early 1970s.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by AJCSaluki

ReplyQuote
SIU Alum 05
(@siu-alum-05)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: @insaluki

Leonard mentions Saluki Insider on the NIL update.  I was laughing out loud !!  Our voices are being heard by HIS MOM !!!  I love you Mrs. Leonard !!!  xoxoxoxoxo  

I listened during my lunch break! I literally said out loud "no way, his mom told him about our posts on the board!" My coworker looked at me like I was crazy. 🤣 

Now I'm all signed up for my monthly contribution!  Let's go Dawgs!!!

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I am going to say something and I hope it isn't taken the wrong way but where is all the money coming from and why didn't the money and collectives and promises for the largest in the valley happen before now

ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@jabman62 The board and donors did not like Bryan Mullins is my guess.

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @foxman24

@jabman62 The board and donors did not like Bryan Mullins is my guess.

That maybe but are you going to cut your nose off to spite your face I mean after all don't we all want the same thing and that is to win no matter who gets the credit I don't like all of things that go on in my life I give credit to whomever deserves it no matter if I like the person or not I would think in an institution of higher learning people would understand that

ReplyQuote
Maroonloon
(@maroonloon)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@jabman62 You would think that, but rarely the case in reality.

One of my favorite quotes about higher education is: "The politics are so viscous, because the stakes are so low." 🤣 

March on triumphantly!

Jabman62 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dogdays)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Timing. A year ago NIL was just becoming a thing for Mids. It has exploded in the 12 months since.

SlyDawg, Foxman24, SalukiWorld and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @dogdays

Timing. A year ago NIL was just becoming a thing for Mids. It has exploded in the 12 months since.

Exactly.  While NIL isn't new per se, it really didn't have a major (pun intended) impact until this past year.  I could care less what the previous staff, or the staff before that, or the staff before that could have done with more $$ because it does absolutely nothing to help the present or future.  All I care about is that SIU navigates these new "storms" to the best of their ability (and better than the other MVC teams) so we can succeed/win and get back to meaningful Spring basketball.  

Foxman24 reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Has anyone who had a recurring donation to Saluki Football Alliance signed up for Little Egypt? 

I suppose I will cancel mine through the Alliance and start one through Little Egypt, but curious if anyone is in the same boat. 

ReplyQuote
(@siucubfan8)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

What type of oversight/transparency is there with these NIL collectives?

SlyDawg and DirtyDale reacted
ReplyQuote
SlyDawg
(@slydawg)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: @jabman62

I am going to say something and I hope it isn't taken the wrong way but where is all the money coming from and why didn't the money and collectives and promises for the largest in the valley happen before now

What I heard in the interview with the AD was the NIL rules has changed/relaxed a bit. It was completely hands off by the schools but now not so much. 
I wondered the same thing and that’s the conclusion I came to after listening to interview. 

ReplyQuote
SlyDawg
(@slydawg)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: @siucubfan8

What type of oversight/transparency is there with these NIL collectives?

Great question 

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4

Share: