Coaching Search

2,457 Posts
112 Users
2685 Reactions
45.7 K Views
(@uncledawgpound)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I would like to take a stab at some stuff here: 

First was the OG SalukiTalk - mods were Saluki 96, mvgrad76, and SIUC-FOC (later changed to CCUC Saluki). I’m Facebook friends with CCUC, I saw his wife and daughter on a car dealership commercial years ago. 

Then there was SalukiNation - my buddy and fellow DuQuoin and SIU alum fisher08 was the brain behind that. He tabbed me as a mod and later SIUCubfan8. fisher08 was grey dawg for a couple years while we were in school. 

I still have hockeygoon96 on Facebook. He’s doing well, busy with the kiddos. Of course, you guessed it, his son is lacing up the skates and putting ‘em top shelf. 

I had Saluki 99 on FB for a few years too. Lived around the STL area but I guess he must have got sick of me. Either me or the Salukis incompetence.

Still have Large Marge on Facebook. Look, I don’t really know what all went down, but can’t we just all be buddies again? Sef4siu would always hook me up with tasty food at the tailgates.

Still have Saluki RD on Facebook. Played a round of golf with him once at Red Hawk. He sent me a commemorative 1983 National Champions Pepsi bottle a long time ago. Still have it hanging in the living room. From what I saw, he was not happy with the Mullins firing.

ive made this analogy before and I’ll do so again: the old SalukiTalk was like late 90’s Attitude Era of WWF/WWE. It was just the right combination of: the internet and social media age not yet being ripe, product demand (basketball) reaching new highs, fresh levels of success never reached before, wit and creativity, and POOF, you put it all together and that’s what you get. Something truly special. Never to be forgotten, never to be repeated.  

BleedFknMaroon25, siufan6, Thunnellvision and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
oberkfell
(@oberkfell)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @uncledawgpound

First was the OG SalukiTalk - mods were Saluki 96, mvgrad76, and SIUC-FOC (later changed to CCUC Saluki). I’m Facebook friends with CCUC, I saw his wife and daughter on a car dealership commercial years ago. 

Then there was SalukiNation - my buddy and fellow DuQuoin and SIU alum fisher08 was the brain behind that. He tabbed me as a mod and later SIUCubfan8. fisher08 was grey dawg for a couple years while we were in school. 

I still gave hockeygoon96 on Facebook. He’s doing well, busy with the kiddos. 

I had Saluki 99 on FB for a few years too. Lived round the STL area but I guess he must have got sick of me. Either me or the Salukis incompetence.

Still have Large Marge on Facebook. Look, I don’t really know what all went down, but can’t we just all be buddies again? Sef4siu would always hook me up with tasty food at the tailgates.

Still have Saluki RD on Facebook. Played a round of golf with him once at Red Hawk. He sent me a commemorative 1983 National Champions Pepsi bottle a long time ago. Still have it hanging in the living room. From what I saw, he was not happy with the Mullins firing.

ive made this analogy before and I’ll do so again: the old SalukiTalk was like late 90’s Attitude Era of WWF/WWE. It was just the right combination of: the internet and social media age not yet being ripe, product demand (basketball) reaching new highs, fresh levels of success never reached before, wit and creativity, and POOF, you put it all together and that’s what you get. Something truly special. Never to be forgotten, never to be repeated.  

I blame the UMass win for the downfall of the program.  

This post was modified 2 months ago by oberkfell

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

So we still weeks away from a decision? 

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

I still have hockeygoon96 on Facebook. He’s doing well, busy with the kiddos. Of course, you guessed it, his son is lacing up the skates and putting ‘em top shelf. 

I had Saluki 99 on FB for a few years too. Lived around the STL area but I guess he must have got sick of me. Either me or the Salukis incompetence.

solid post but no you will never ever see goSIu88 aka large Marge on here ever again.  Some burned bridges can not be rebuilt 

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: @dunkledog

So we still weeks away from a decision? 

no there is an  Announcement scheduled for tomorrow 

ReplyQuote
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

I kind of remember the goSIU88 and a bad ending; but Large Marge was before I paid attention to specific posters and their drama shows.

These last few pages are all good stuff.  Maybe we should fire-up a new thread to re-hash the good ole days of SalukiTalk and SalukiNation so we can get this thread back on its serious and fact-filled track regarding the search for our next coaching savior.  😉 😀   

Go Dawgs!

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@barkeep-1967 god help us if it’s smithpeters or Johnson. This board might burn down

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

@barkeep-1967 god help us if it’s smithpeters or Johnson. This board might burn down

I’ll be the one with the gasoline and matches.

beadmedaddio reacted
ReplyQuote
Thunnellvision
(@thunnellvision)

Those ST days were fun. Great community. I really loved those game chats.

Even valleytalk was a decent place way back when.

Bow Em

ReplyQuote
(@mtripp)
Davies Gym Poster

Never to be forgotten…kinda like Is Bertrand a lock?

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@saluki-4-life lol don’t be like that guy on twitter who though Mullins was gonna turn uic into a powerhouse

ReplyQuote
(@mtripp)
Davies Gym Poster

Posted by: @saluki-4-life

I’ll be the one with the gasoline and matches.

You won’t be alone

ReplyQuote
Thunnellvision
(@thunnellvision)

I never got to meet anybody from the board except for just a couple people. I’ll have to rectify that next year when we’re cutting down the nets in St Louis 😆 

Bow Em

ReplyQuote
DirtyDale
(@dirtydale)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@saluki-4-life lol don’t be like that guy on twitter who though Mullins was gonna turn uic into a powerhouse

You might be talking to him. 

Saluki44 and Dunkledog reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

So do the people suggesting an announcement tomorrow know that it’s that we hired a coach or an update on the process? My head is spinning with all the different things we have heard. I wouldn’t be shocked if we hired Spradlin or Smithpeters tomorrow or said our search is ongoing. No clue what’s happening.

ReplyQuote
Page 102 / 164

Share: