Abe Martin Field Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

Posted by: @siu_2011

Posted by: @siufan6

Posted by: @ajcsaluki

3 openings in the MVC now

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1766901305396563979

Lord forgive me for posting this, but ... Bryan to UIC?

I was wondering the same thing.

Nightmare scenario if he takes that job…

How is this a nightmare scenario?  Mullins isn't John Wooden.  The only bad thing is Mullins might actually be able to take advantage of his father running one of the best AAU programs in the state, something he couldn't do at SIU.

We aren’t replacing him with John Wooden either.

He could clean out our roster and build with a few more pieces. UIC isn’t that far from being a contender. They had a ton of close games this season.

AirDawg86 and SlyDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@garywilsonfan)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@johnny-utah 

I guess if your Bruce, how bad do you want to deal with NIL and the portal.

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @siu_2011

Posted by: @ajcsaluki

3 openings in the MVC now

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1766901305396563979

Lord forgive me for posting this, but ... Bryan to UIC?

I was wondering the same thing.

Nightmare scenario if he takes that job…

How is this a nightmare scenario?  Mullins isn't John Wooden.  The only bad thing is Mullins might actually be able to take advantage of his father running one of the best AAU programs in the state, something he couldn't do at SIU.

We aren’t replacing him with John Wooden either.

He could clean out our roster and build with a few more pieces. UIC isn’t that far from being a contender. They had a ton of close games this season.

The same coach people here claimed had nobody returning was going to be terrible next year with no recruits

ReplyQuote
(@fraydog)

With UIC, I see a big difference between them and us. UIC wasn’t even a great Horizon team. They were usually mid to lower tier in that conference. They have a large city and very underrated financial resources. That said, they don’t seem to commit to using much of those resources for athletics. I also wonder if there’s much of an effort there to get alumni donating to athletics. 

If they make the commitment, however, they can be pretty good. I just thought that, for a lot of the same reasons I supported Mullins getting a sixth season here, that they needed to give Yaklich another season. I think they saw Loyola and Drew Valentine being successful in the A10 this year after an adjustment period last season and thought “why isn’t that us”, not unlike what is happening here with Indiana State. I just don’t think I would have supported a change there either if I were an alum there. I would want a big renovation of the UIC Pavilion and commitment from their administrators, also a desire to not be such a second fiddle to UIUC. 

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I can't see Mullins taking the job out of respect for Southern but if he does it would kind of show his feelings about the situation without publicly expressing his feelings therefore it would not jeopardize any future employment 

This post was modified 2 months ago by Jabman62

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @jabman62

I can't see Mullins taking the job out of respect for Southern but if he does it would kind of show his feelings about the situation without publicly expressing his feelings therefore it would not jeopardize any future employment 

Wow, I’ve seen some doozy posts on here but this one ranks quite high on the list!

This post was modified 2 months ago by siudawgs

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@fraydog)

Posted by: @jabman62

I think you’re reading into this too much. It’s an open D1 mid major head coaching job. At the end of the day, this is a business and Bryan has to do what is best for himself and his family. 

ReplyQuote
(@boomer)
Dawg Pound Poster

Jeff Massey, Toledo assistant

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

There are shortcomings in this program that have been hidden and Bryan is to classy to air the shortcomings but taking a job within the conference in my opinion would speak volumes and I am sure he will have better offers than this and I wouldn't be surprised to see him take the year off and recharge and regroup

ReplyQuote
(@usmcsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @usmcsaluki

https://twitter.com/low_madness/status/1766837161549004862?s=46&t=7s0hTttieSER8wqRSA0LoA

Corey Gipson is an interesting choice. He’s done okay at Austin Peay.

I'm skeptical of Gipson but open to the idea: didn't he simply just take 3 fairly solid MVC-level players with him to lower levels (NW State and AP) and find success?  

I think my slight issue with Gipson is he took players with him from Missouri State to NW State and those same players to Austin Peay.  We don’t know how good he is once that well dries up.

My point exactly, but better stated.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/low_madness/status/1766837161549004862?s=46&t=7s0hTttieSER8wqRSA0LoA

Corey Gipson is an interesting choice. He’s done okay at Austin Peay.

I'm skeptical of Gipson but open to the idea: didn't he simply just take 3 fairly solid MVC-level players with him to lower levels (NW State and AP) and find success?  

I think my slight issue with Gipson is he took players with him from Missouri State to NW State and those same players to Austin Peay.  We don’t know how good he is once that well dries up.

My point exactly, but better stated.

I think you can swing it as a total positive for him though that he had a group of players that followed him to 2 different jobs, one of which was in one of the worst conferences in the country.  Players seem extremely loyal to him and you're probably never gonna have any portal issues. 

But we also haven't actually seen him build his own program from scratch.

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I am done speculating and wondering call me when its over and we have a coach and a staff and what players stay and leave until then I am out 

This post was modified 2 months ago by Jabman62

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

The more I think about… screw this program. They're going to screw this up. Well worse… they’ve already screwed it up. Hope they enjoy 2k fans and 5 wins next year. At least the new coach won’t set himself up to be fired too soon by being to competitive too quick.

Tim Leonard - rooting for your failure and ultimately you to be fired.

donor pulling the strings - Hope your money is suddenly gone.

hate it here.

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Never cared less about SIU basketball. Hire whoever you want. It’ll be Smithpeters tho, it’s not a real search. The whole thing is a sham. Leonard is a puppet. Imagine being that big of a loser, hired to do a job and you’re literally just a little puppet man. Haha.

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @saluki-4-life

Never cared less about SIU basketball. Hire whoever you want. It’ll be Smithpeters tho, it’s not a real search. The whole thing is a sham. Leonard is a puppet. Imagine being that big of a loser, hired to do a job and you’re literally just a little puppet man. Haha.

Never cared less, yet you’re here - posting - on the SIU message board.

SalukiWorld, Grimper57, AirDawg86 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 14 / 164

Share: