2,457 Posts
112 Users
2685 Reactions
45.8 K Views
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @dawgbytes

I have a question for everyone, in particular those who are so gung ho about dumping Mulllins: what if the new coach bombs out? There seems to be an assumption that the new guy, excuse me, person, is going to take us to The Promised Land. Casual observation of the college basketball landscape tells me otherwise. Tell me I’m wrong. 

yep, our current expectations are out of touch. New coach isn’t making the NCAAT by year 5. So I guess we will fire him too? I doubt it. Bryan got the rawest deal I’ve ever seen.

Dawgs98 and Mdogs1 reacted
ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

It's very sad how far the expectations for this program have fallen the last 20 years. I cannot wait until we're back on top

Fraydog, INSaluki and Mdogs1 reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

I have a question for everyone, in particular those who are so gung ho about dumping Mulllins: what if the new coach bombs out? There seems to be an assumption that the new guy, excuse me, person, is going to take us to The Promised Land. Casual observation of the college basketball landscape tells me otherwise. Tell me I’m wrong. 

Then you move onto the next guy until you get it right. 

Saluki 69, Fraydog, INSaluki and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @saluki-4-life

yep, our current expectations are out of touch. New coach isn’t making the NCAAT by year 5. So I guess we will fire him too? I doubt it. Bryan got the rawest deal I’ve ever seen.

Ben Jacobson made the NCAA’s in year 3

Darian DeVries made the NCAA’s in year 3

Brian Wardle made the NCAA’s in year 4

It doesn’t take what would have been 6 years now to hit any kind of postseason tournament.  SIU was not a dumpster fire when Hinson left as much as people claim it was.  Hinson had the program at mediocre and couldn’t elevate it to good.  

Fraydog, INSaluki, Salukifan32 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @14_alumdawg

Posted by: @salukibbfan1

@saluki44 

You can SAY the exact same things about Mullens

Nothing drives me more crazy than people who still can’t spell his name after all these years. I see this and “Brian” too much. So annoying lol

Amen! Also tired of seeing Dan "Mueller" instead of "Muller" and J.D. "Mulia" instead of "Muila."

Freedawg and siudawgs reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @ajcsaluki

Posted by: @14_alumdawg

Posted by: @salukibbfan1

@saluki44 

You can SAY the exact same things about Mullens

Nothing drives me more crazy than people who still can’t spell his name after all these years. I see this and “Brian” too much. So annoying lol

Amen! Also tired of seeing Dan "Mueller" instead of "Muller" and J.D. "Mulia" instead of "Muila."

And Jamal Tatum instead of Jamaal, while we're surfacing our spelling grievances.

Fraydog reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Man, what a loser mentality. I’m glad that our donors and administration don’t have this attitude. 

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

During this process most of the time the administration appoints a interim coach to keep things in order as for as much as anything to keep some sort of continuity I have not heard of anyone appointed so this point is the ship rudderless and everyone fending for themselves or is there someone trying to keep order

ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @jabman62

During this process most of the time the administration appoints a interim coach to keep things in order as for as much as anything to keep some sort of continuity I have not heard of anyone appointed so this point is the ship rudderless and everyone fending for themselves or is there someone trying to keep order

Obviously, they weren't going to move Brendan Mullins into an interim role. Howard might have been a logical pick. Maybe someone was offered interim duties and turned it down out of loyalty to Bryan. Back in my day, they  turned to George Iubelt as the interim guy a few times, and then Herman Williams was the interim after Van Winkle exited.

This post was modified 2 months ago 3 times by AJCSaluki

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@jabman62 

This is not an ordinary hire, beside the 2 statements from our AD. There has been nada about an interim leader to make sure the players are going to class and what the school is doing about telling the players about the timeline of landing the new coach. 
Unless they have been told and are on double secret protocol of not talking. Maybe the process has been implemented. You can go thru secondary people to make contact with prospective candidates to gauge their interest. Without getting called out for it. 

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @saluki44

Man, what a loser mentality. I’m glad that our donors and administration don’t have this attitude. 

What are your expectations for the next coach and what is the timeline to achieve those expectations? Genuinely curious.

ReplyQuote
(@14_alumdawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Posted by: @jabman62

I don't think they appointed an interim when B.H was fired. The asst coaches were still working but I don't recall them officially appointing an interim

ReplyQuote
siufan6
(@siufan6)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Probably no need for an interim coach with everyone on spring break this week. They may have a coach hired by the time everyone is back. I would guess if not the AD would be meeting with the team and handling things until one is hired.

Fraydog reacted
ReplyQuote
terrier1
(@terrier1)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

@mr_woogers perfect!

ReplyQuote
 Frog
(@frog)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

ReplyQuote
Page 24 / 164