Coaching Search

2,457 Posts
112 Users
2685 Reactions
45.8 K Views
(@grimper57)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Posted by: @fraydog

With UIC, I see a big difference between them and us. UIC wasn’t even a great Horizon team.

No, but they've got extremely deep pockets.  Depends on how important they really want their basketball team to become.

ReplyQuote
(@grimper57)

Posted by: @salukiworld

Also seems like Porter Moser might be DePaul bound.  I think Bryan will join him even over taking a HC job.

It's hard to believe that anyone would want to step into the dumpster fire that is DePaul basketball.

Mr_Woogers reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @grimper57

Also seems like Porter Moser might be DePaul bound.  I think Bryan will join him even over taking a HC job.

It's hard to believe that anyone would want to step into the dumpster fire that is DePaul basketball.

Well Porter shot down the rumors after wild speculation today so that's not happening.  

ReplyQuote
(@grimper57)

Well Porter shot down the rumors after wild speculation today so that's not happening.  

Ah, ok.  Didn't see that today.  At one point I heard that Smithpeter's name was being bounced around for the DePaul job.  No idea if there's any truth to that.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @fraydog

With UIC, I see a big difference between them and us. UIC wasn’t even a great Horizon team.

No, but they've got extremely deep pockets.  Depends on how important they really want their basketball team to become.

When I see a game there and almost no fans, you have to wonder how important it is to the admin. SIU has been fairly aggressive about getting fans to the games with ticket deals, etc. (I still think they could and should do more to get students there) Not sure if UIC is doing anything to get fans there.

And their huge problem is that UIC is mostly a commuter school I think. They do have some dorms now - no idea how many students live on campus...And in the big city, there are so many non-UIC things to do.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Ah, ok.  Didn't see that today.  At one point I heard that Smithpeter's name was being bounced around for the DePaul job.  No idea if there's any truth to that.

Playing at McCormick place in front of a couple thousand fans is way too non-preppy. Tough to build any kind of school spirit. DePaul should play on campus. Of course, it is also a commuter school pretty much. If I was a coach, that situation would not be attractive.

My daughter and I went to a couple of Loyola-SIU games at their small on-campus gym - pretty well attended (but of course quite a few SIU fans.)

ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @saluki-4-life

The more I think about… screw this program. They're going to screw this up. Well worse… they’ve already screwed it up. Hope they enjoy 2k fans and 5 wins next year. At least the new coach won’t set himself up to be fired too soon by being to competitive too quick.

Tim Leonard - rooting for your failure and ultimately you to be fired.

donor pulling the strings - Hope your money is suddenly gone.

hate it here.

....and this is the guy who was scolding us all a couple weeks ago and telling us how to be "good fans??"  🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

Quatros Saluki, Fraydog, beadmedaddio and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

KS is the next coach. There is no search, it was predetermined. I’ll be back in a week or 2 to say I told you so. Joke.

When Kyle Smithpeters is NOT announced as the new coach, please go away, troll.

Quatros Saluki, INSaluki, beadmedaddio and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @rockin-dawg

The more I think about… screw this program. They're going to screw this up. Well worse… they’ve already screwed it up. Hope they enjoy 2k fans and 5 wins next year. At least the new coach won’t set himself up to be fired too soon by being to competitive too quick.

Tim Leonard - rooting for your failure and ultimately you to be fired.

donor pulling the strings - Hope your money is suddenly gone.

hate it here.

....and this is the guy who was scolding us all a couple weeks ago and telling us how to be "good fans??"  🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

I'm thinking Coach Barbecue is hitting the bottle (not the barbecue bottle LOL) and posing as a "Saluki for life."

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Got to love the irony of "Saluki 4 Life" telling us he hopes the Salukis win 5 games next year.  Maybe "Mullins 4 Life" would have been a better username.  

I like Bryan, I was 100% for the hire, this is the problem with hiring an alum.

Fraydog, BleedFknMaroon25, beadmedaddio and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I have a question for everyone, in particular those who are so gung ho about dumping Mulllins: what if the new coach bombs out? There seems to be an assumption that the new guy, excuse me, person, is going to take us to The Promised Land. Casual observation of the college basketball landscape tells me otherwise. Tell me I’m wrong. 

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

SlyDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@14_alumdawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Posted by: @saluki44

Pretty good last few days for Southern.

Lane is staying put, and athletics shows they aren’t messing around with the basketball program. 

Lane had a moving van at his house last week thinking he got the job. He can kick rocks if he’s that ready to leave. 

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

When this is all said and done. Some of the people who have posted certain feelings and opinions. Some wrong, some correct. One thing will be clear when the announcement is made! We will not have the whole story. Any administration will not let the whole story come out. It’s always with any executives, all about PR!

ReplyQuote
(@14_alumdawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Posted by: @salukibbfan1

@saluki44 

You can SAY the exact same things about Mullens

Nothing drives me more crazy than people who still can’t spell his name after all these years. I see this and “Brian” too much. So annoying lol

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @rockin-dawg

KS is the next coach. There is no search, it was predetermined. I’ll be back in a week or 2 to say I told you so. Joke.

When Kyle Smithpeters is NOT announced as the new coach, please go away, troll.

the truth is trolling?

beadmedaddio reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 23 / 164

Share: