2,457 Posts
112 Users
2685 Reactions
45.3 K Views
siufan6
(@siufan6)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Posted by: @dunkledog

So it’s smithpeters Johnson or Kent Williams?

Im leaning toward Johnson, because why wouldn’t they have announced Kyle by now. Unless Spradlin really told them no.

ReplyQuote
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @sandman95

Posted by: @salukiworld

Posted by: @kyle_saluki_17

The longer this goes, the more I fear it is Johnson. Would much rather have Smithpeters than him, no question. Especially considering what I hear could be the motivation for hiring Johnson. But I’ll keep my mouth shut until that happens. Still hopeful for Spradlin but I’m a bit nervous about it. 

The only “fear” I have with Johnson is it’s clearly Lane getting his guy again.  But there’s nothing wrong with that hire at all.  It’s an associate head coach of an SEC team that just won an NCAA Tournament game last night

Please stop!  There is a ton wrong with it considering the administration said one thing and is doing another for a complete rebuild.  And my gut tells me the administration over estimated the demand for the SIU head coaching job.

A couple of things.

1. I’ve stated it a few times….if it is The A and M guy, this is a lying and deceiving administration.  There was a faux search and lies were fed about what we wanted for a coach.  They can say the reason was lack of results…but seems like there would be more motivation other places.

2. The way the league is shaping up we might have had a top 2 finish next year in the league, and if we hit a pg in the portal.  So many questions in the league for next year.

siufan6 reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @rockin-dawg

Just get the Spradlin thing done, so we can focus on rebuilding and stop with these idiotic rumors.

I think it’s far more likely to be Smithpeters than Spradlin at this point.

It'd be nice if they circled to someone like Jerrod Calhoun at Youngstown State who apparently wanted to leave 

PackerDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @dunkledog

Posted by: @saluki-4-life

Are you guys pumped yet!? Fired Mullins to hire a first time coach!? This is what you all wanted!! Enjoy!!!!

where you the last 5 years when we had a coach who got his butt kicked by every top coach in the valley. Couldn’t get to Sunday, couldn’t win the league, couldn’t coach offense, couldn’t make in game decisions? 

It seems the ONLY characteristic that some (and by some I mean one or two) fans care about is the NAME of the coach and nothing else, including success.  My suggestion is that the next head coach simply change his last name to Mullins and then those few people, who don't care about winning, might be happy.  

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @dirtydale

A) He doesn’t want to be a head coach right now, he tried leaving to take a job on Moser’s staff after last year.

oh, come on now. You don’t actually believe this do you? 

I heard that also.

ReplyQuote
DirtyDale
(@dirtydale)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @resaluki-88

A) He doesn’t want to be a head coach right now, he tried leaving to take a job on Moser’s staff after last year.

oh, come on now. You don’t actually believe this do you? 

I heard that also.

I heard exactly one person say this: Doug Gottlieb. 

Nothing else besides one that one tweet from him tracks on this being a real possibility. 

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @siu_2011

So if it’s not Spradlin, did he pass or did we? I imagine maybe he just wanted more than we could offer. It sounds like Ben M. isn’t going to be the guy at MSU according to their board anyway. Some were saying he wanted too much, if that’s the case he isn’t coming here.

I think maybe our leadership over estimated the draw of SIU given our resources and NIL? Established coaches, especially those looking to move up, want a good situation in that area, especially if a complete rebuild is on the horizon. It may very well require us to hire someone looking to be a head coach as more incentive.

i posted before. a HC looks at several thigs you mention plus what i said about it, is SIU still the job that it used to be. 

( NIL, FACILITIES , administrative support, money for asst. coaches, travel recruiting). its a different world out there now.  are we falling behind?

ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

This is fun 🤣 

Lolton, Thunnellvision, AirDawg86 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
beadmedaddio
(@beadmedaddio)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Nick Hill, once again, putting an emphasis on NIL monies.  He has also put together a Gridiron Club and a Saluki Football Alliance (for NIL), and a weekly zoom call during the season.  I never heard Mullins doing any of this.  Did I just miss them?  

I'm not sayin' -- I'm just sayin'!

ReplyQuote
DirtyDale
(@dirtydale)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Lane Johnson sucks.

2x All-Pro 1st team, 2x All-Pro 2nd team, and 5x ProBowler. 

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Lane Johnson sucks.

2x All-Pro 1st team, 2x All-Pro 2nd team, and 5x ProBowler. 

Yeah, i've always thought he was pretty good too.

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

lets look at this from a coach that is at university A. you win 23 games(yes you have not done well with the upper half of your conference. 

you ask for an extension. you are not offered one. you know that going into your final year without an extension is a death blow to your recruiting and portal transfers. do not kid yourself. other coaches are going to use that against you when it comes to recruiting and portal transfers. now any coach with any sense sees the hand writing on the wall. so now you may start putting out feelers? but you also hear that the administration is looking at or has a name in mind for your replacement. because you know that the buyout after this year is only a percentage of your salary. as opposed the previous year where it would be 2 years. when they were looking to fire you but you won 20+ games. no administration wants that on their hands from boosters and donors. So now that we have OUR situation going on. what is really happening? is it the administrative micro managing. or are we really after the candidate that the AD talked about in his press conference about checking all the boxes (HC experience at D1,2, post season success at D2, recruiting success)to have a better coach then our previous one?

ReplyQuote
DirtyDale
(@dirtydale)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @rockin-dawg

Just get the Spradlin thing done, so we can focus on rebuilding and stop with these idiotic rumors.

I think it’s far more likely to be Smithpeters than Spradlin at this point.

It'd be nice if they circled to someone like Jerrod Calhoun at Youngstown State who apparently wanted to leave 

one thing that I feel like has been understated for the Smithpeters rumors (which I also had heard as soon as Bryan was fired) is that Mullins and Kyle are pretty tight. 

I heard that Kyle wasn’t very happy with the firing, either. So if he was a candidate, there’s a chance he might not have jumped on the opportunity. Coupled with the fact that he has an awesome recruiting class coming in at Mizzou and his family is very happy there.

But who knows. 

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Lane Johnson sucks.

Considering the number of negative, doom-and-gloom posts you’ve made on this issue, and now slandering a candidate you haven’t even given a chance, you have to have an axe to grind with the university. Take your personal issues elsewhere.

Rockin' Dawg, INSaluki, Salukifan32 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@beadmedaddio 

i believe that he was trying to put things together   but a NO extension on his contract might had made coach M see the hand writing on the wall. a coach with a 4.0 in business administration  is pretty bright and can read the tea leaves pretty well. 

ReplyQuote
Page 68 / 164

Share: