Cosmos
(@cosmos)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @mdogs1

Posted by: @salukiworld

Posted by: @quatroschallengesaluki

Posted by: @dunkledog

@resaluki-88 barkeep on Facebook said yes. Salukiworld said no so who knows

has barkeep said yes in the last hour or so? Because salukiworld said yes earlier this morning too, as did the guy on valleytalk. All three were in agreement. So far I’ve only seen salukiworld back off, but maybe the other two just haven’t posted anything yet.

I had nothing on Spradlin this morning.  I was hoping Barkeep was right.  I was even told by someone outside of this message board that SIU might have an announcement today.  Maybe it fell apart or maybe there’s another coach being announced?

Salukiworld you still haven't said where you heard that both Spradlin and Calhoun were out.  Don't have to name names just how reliable are your sources. 

it’s from national guys with a Rolodex of sources. They’re very good at what they do but certainly not unflappable. 

SalukiWorld reacted
ReplyQuote
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

Posted by: @barkeep-1967

Posted by: @airdawg86

Spradlin v. Krabbenhoft?  

I'll go with with the Badger dude.  The last time we hired a Big-18 assistant (albeit, Big-11 at the time) it worked out well for us.  Maybe lightning will strike twice.

here is what I do know 100%. 
lane did not like the style of play. 

Wisconsin does not seem to be where you would get a coach to change that 

And another reason to like Lane.  I'm not a fan of The U of W's style of play either.  But then again, maybe Crabmanor would like to coach-up a more Herrin like style of play.  (LOL)

Go Dawgs!

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Krabbenhof feels a lot like Mullins, on the surface.

ReplyQuote
Thunnellvision
(@thunnellvision)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Wisconsin did change their style of play this year. They upped their efficiency on offense. Still not a ‘wowza’ offense by any stretch, though.

Bow Em

SalukiWorld reacted
ReplyQuote
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

Whether Krabbenhoft is a potential serious candidate I like the fact that we have this discussion that includes the name of a P5 conference top assistant coach.  Maybe it's all BS, maybe not, just a bit nice to think that we might be attractive to this caliber of coach.

Go Dawgs!

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @saluki44

He has more years as an assistant than Mullins and Wisconsin is a bigger stage overall than Loyola. He spent several years at South Dakota State before Wisconsin and has been at Wisconsin for 7 or 8 years. I can't possibly see how he could be a worse in game and offensive coach than Bryan.

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @resaluki-88

Posted by: @saluki44

He has more years as an assistant than Mullins and Wisconsin is a bigger stage overall than Loyola. He spent several years at South Dakota State before Wisconsin and has been at Wisconsin for 7 or 8 years. I can't possibly see how he could be a worse in game and offensive coach than Bryan.

I have 0 idea how Krabbenhoft would do as an in-game coach but it seems like he’s been Wisconsin’s main recruiter so I feel like we’ll get some good talent to Carbondale if he’s the guy.  

Ironically he was on ESPN’s 40 coaches under 40 list in 2019 at #30.  A list that featured Jerrance Howard (21) and Bryan Mullins (40)

This post was modified 2 months ago by SalukiWorld

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
beadmedaddio
(@beadmedaddio)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I don't care if a coach has all his players sit at the free throw line and play jacks -- as long as they win.

I'm not sayin' -- I'm just sayin'!

MPH and AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@saluki3peat)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Would he have been part of the non-recruitment of Marcus by Wisconsin? I will see myself out. 😂

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Keep going back to Leonard saying he wanted someone with significant head coaching experience. That came across clearly in his interviews.

So if they are pivoting toward an assistant, does that mean they whiffed on Spradlin, Calhoun and maybe others? I could see Spradlin thinking he'll potentially have more attractive opportunities in the near future, but not sure that holds as true for Calhoun. So, what gives? 

Leonard said hiring a basketball coach is the equivalent in importance for an AD of performance at Arch Madness for a coach. Sure hope we're not headed for another Thursday loss here.

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

The plane that came from Madison is scheduled to leave at 3:50 for Madison and come back to Carbondale.  So guessing no announcement today?

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
wiegie
(@wiegie)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

I live about 30 minutes away from Ferris State. You guys want me to drive up there to ask Andy Bronkema if he is going to come to SIU? (Of course, Ferris plays tomorrow night in the D-II Elite 8 in Evansville, so maybe it would be just as easy for one of you to go there to ask him.)

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
oberkfell
(@oberkfell)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @thunnellvision

Wisconsin did change their style of play this year. They upped their efficiency on offense. Still not a ‘wowza’ offense by any stretch, though.

pass on the pasty lumberjack offens. 

siudawgs and AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Would be pretty disappointing to hire an assistant with no head coaching experience after some of the names mentioned. Ugh

siudawgs reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 92 / 164

Share: