Murray State @ SIU 2/21/24 7:00 PM ESPN+

159 Posts
28 Users
105 Reactions
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Murray State comes to Carbondale after blowing a huge lead in the game at Murray.  The Racers are coming off a 23 point road loss at Drake. 

SIU is currently 3.5 point favorites.

Links:

SIU Game Notes

Murray State Game Notes

Racer Fans Message Board

ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

From the why-I-don’t-care-for-Murray State file. If you have ever gotten a free ride on the hood at the local Wal-Mart from one of the local university’s basketball players, you just maybe in Murray, Kentucky. Steve Prohm welcomed him back in the team the following season.                                   https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/disturbing-surveillance-video-surfaces-incident-involving-murray-state-165248798--ncaab.html

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

This is a big game tonight. Need to get the next two as both UNI and Belmont have a tougher stretch. Getting a little separation would be nice for our two to close it out (@BU and UNI).

I would really love to see us shoot the ball better today (X, Brown, and TD especially). We were able to beat ISU Blue despite our poor shooting, but I don’t think that is sustainable over the next 4 games. Also, take care of the basketball…turnovers almost killed us against them in Murray…let’s not make it that hard again.

Maroonloon reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Salukis 73

Racers 67

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

ReplyQuote
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)

Posted by: @siu_2011

This is a big game tonight. Need to get the next two as both UNI and Belmont have a tougher stretch. Getting a little separation would be nice for our two to close it out (@BU and UNI).

I would really love to see us shoot the ball better today (X, Brown, and TD especially). We were able to beat ISU Blue despite our poor shooting, but I don’t think that is sustainable over the next 4 games. Also, take care of the basketball…turnovers almost killed us against them in Murray…let’s not make it that hard again.

We need to see more from Rupert and Ebube tonight. Both of them had more fouls than points at Murray. 

(Inflammatory political snark)

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

I'm really wondering if Stevie Prom will run the length of the floor screaming at the ref tonight like he did last year. That's a good look for the dude.

If we play D like we did 2nd half against the Sycs, this game won't be close, but there's no one they would rather beat than the SIU so I'm expecting another close game. Would be nice to get that shooting stroke back we had early in the season.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Sheridan Sharp interview with Saluki Radio:

https://siusalukis.com/watch/?Archive=7402&type=Archive

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @austinsaluki

Posted by: @siu_2011

We need to see more from Rupert and Ebube tonight. Both of them had more fouls than points at Murray. 

Ebube made some big-time defensive and hustle plays that helped spark the big comeback at Murray, though.

Hopefully they learned the lesson in that game not to give Perry good looks early that get him going. If they can prevent that from happening, I like Southern's chances, even though Murray has a few other guys capable of having big games. Agree with the earlier post that it would be great to see Johnson and Brown regain their outside shooting touch for some of these late games.

Austinsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)

@siudawgs 

You're right: I had forgotten that Ebube made some good things happen (including eight boards). 

(Inflammatory political snark)

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Posted by: @salukiworld

Well one thing you can never question about Bryan's teams... When it comes to character they are batting about 1000

ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Kennard Davis needs to continue playing like he is no longer a freshman. He and Ferguson need to aggressively attack the rim, they will get fouled every single time. They both are already dynamite defensive players. Ditto on Hensley, he seems to be getting his second wind. Last but not least, Clarence has a score to settle with them. They signed him then backed out to the infamous pandemic, or so they said. 

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

@saluki-4-life Character counts, makes one proud to be a Saluki.

James Madison

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

I've read multiple comments that went something like... "If 'I' were this or that player, I would not come back to SIU next season" and my reply to that is, Thank God these players are NOT selfish and always (ONLY) looking out for themselves.  Sheridan seems to understand the reality of sports and his specific situation, which is that he needs to learn now and soak up knowledge and then take over the reigns LATER without pouting.  I do agree that it was INSANE for him to not redshirt, but again that is up to the player.  He is going to be a great pair with Davis for the next 3 years, especially after he builds strength and improves his shot.  Regardless, he truly seems like a CLASS act, which is no surprise as that is what this staff covets.  

ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Yup. The players almost always use the F word. FAMILY. Very important. 

James Madison

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 11

Share: