SIU @ Evansville 2/25/24 1:00 PM Bally Sports Midwest

103 Posts
30 Users
104 Reactions
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Only game between SIU and the Purple Aces this season comes in Evansville on Sunday.  

Evansville has had an up and down season.  They started the year 10-2 before losing 7 of their next 8.  They then rattled off 4 wins in a row including a home win over Bradley but have since lost 4 in a row.

The Aces are 14-6 when Ben Humrichous plays and before the current 4 game losing streak, they were 14-2 when he played.  The Aces went 2-7 in the 9 games he missed in the middle of the conference season.  Yacine Toumi and Freshman Chuck Bailey lead the Aces in possessions and shots.

Links:

SIU Game Notes

Evansville Game Notes

Purple Ace Place Message Board

Dawgs98 and Austinsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Didn’t want to start the UNI thread way early, but if you haven’t seen it yet, all seats for the last home game all $10! Damn good deal, hopefully they can get a sellout for the seniors. If I didn’t have family stuff that weekend I would be there! Hopefully if you were on the fence this makes your decision easier!

https://t.co/iMoXVTLwZo

Austinsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
(@fraydog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

I looked into driving over from Chester to Evansville (the one in Indiana, not the one in Randolph County) but $20 in Ticketmaster fees for a $12 ticket is stupid. 

Pearl Jam was right about that company. It would have been nice to see Ford Center in person as I haven't been over there since it opened, but I'm not going to pay $20 in Ticketmaster fees for it. 

ReplyQuote
(@dawgs98)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Hearing we could be without Rupert tomorrow. 

ReplyQuote
(@fraydog)

Posted by: @dawgs98

Hearing we could be without Rupert tomorrow. 

I’m hearing the same. 

ReplyQuote
1DAWG
(@1dawg)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Wow!  I take it Rupert came down with Covid

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @fraydog

I looked into driving over from Chester to Evansville (the one in Indiana, not the one in Randolph County) but $20 in Ticketmaster fees for a $12 ticket is stupid. 

Pearl Jam was right about that company. It would have been nice to see Ford Center in person as I haven't been over there since it opened, but I'm not going to pay $20 in Ticketmaster fees for it. 

Couldn’t you just drive there and get tickets from the window?

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

This has another nerveracking, tight game written all over it. Buckle up. Or stay buckled.

And keep Toumi off the offensive glass.

Austinsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

@siudawgs 

Ebube and Hensley have GOT to stay out of foul trouble, especially Ebube if that's going to happen.

(Inflammatory political snark)

siudawgs reacted
ReplyQuote
 Enuf
(@enuf)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Looking at Aces home record,I would think they would be slight favorites with the betting money.

Go Dawgs!

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Pregame pictures show Rupert being dressed and ready to play but don't know availability for sure

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Hensley starting over Ebube

ReplyQuote
(@fraydog)

Posted by: @saluki44

Posted by: @fraydog

Couldn’t you just drive there and get tickets from the window?

Wouldn’t the fees get charged regardless? 

Edit: apparently not, but that doesn’t change the point that Ticketmaster is ridiculous with some of their surcharges.

This post was modified 3 months ago by Fraydog

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Get ready for XJ to have a big game, both scoring AND distributing the ball.  

ReplyQuote
(@invisiblesaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Of all the renditions of the national anthem ever sung, this game had one of them.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 7

Share: