294 Posts
41 Users
186 Likes
18.8 K Views
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Last thread got locked but I think we're close to hearing some more news on MVC expansion.  

UT Arlington, Murray State, UIC, Omaha will make presentations to the MVC on December 19th and Matt Brown of Extra Points thinks that the first 3 are locks to join the conference.  The final spot is supposed to come down to Nebraska-Omaha and UMKC.

https://www.extrapointsmb.com/conference-realignment-rumors-uta-mvs-ovc/

Extra Points had previously reported that the Missouri Valley has expressed interest in potentially adding UTA, an interest that is shared by the institution. Thanks to open records requests and various conversations with industry sources, we have also learned that the Southland Conference and WAC reached out to UT Arlington to have conversations about potential membership. The Southland also reached out to UT Rio Grande Valley, but the university declined its overtures.

Little Rock just joined the Ohio Valley Conference today

https://twitter.com/LRTrojans/status/1468664445111054336

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

I got more information on the Texas-Arlington situation.  Basically, they have been invited to leave the Sun Belt and have until summer 2023 to leave before facing financial penalties.  The exit fee has been waived until 2023 and the Sun Belt will assist them in finding a new home.  The MVC and UTA show mutual interest.  The Southland and the WAC have shown interest as well. 

Ben Jacobson want expansion to 11 or 12.  Here are his thoughts:

https://kiwaradio.com/sports/unis-jacobson-prefers-additional-mvc-expansion/

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Bleacher Bum
(@bleacher-bum)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @saluki-69

I got more information on the Texas-Arlington situation.  Basically, they have been invited to leave the Sun Belt and have until summer 2023 to leave before facing financial penalties.  The exit fee has been waived until 2023 and the Sun Belt will assist them in finding a new home.  The MVC and UTA show mutual interest.  The Southland and the WAC have shown interest as well. 

Ben Jacobson want expansion to 11 or 12.  Here are his thoughts:

https://kiwaradio.com/sports/unis-jacobson-prefers-additional-mvc-expansion/

actually, Arlington is a decent fit.  very good facilities, large enrollment, good endowment, modern campus.

they just aren't that good at sports. 

maybe leaving the Trash Belt would help.  who knows.

ReplyQuote
AnnaBob
(@annabob)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Was W-Milwaukee not interested in joining the Valley or vice versa?

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

CBS Sports reported that the facilities at Kansas City could be an issue for them if they aren't willing to upgrade.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @saluki-69

CBS Sports reported that the facilities at Kansas City could be an issue for them if they aren't willing to upgrade.

This is the current arena they play in:

They have played in the past few years at historic Municipal Auditorium

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

@salukiworld   Ouch. 

I would think that the Valley would require them to move back to the Muni.  The city has done a good job maintaining and upgrading that facility.  It has a floor like the old SIU Arena floor, but they obviously have a floor to place over it.  That's the only other place I have come across a floor like that. 

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Is that any worse than Valpo's?

Murray St. by the way has a very nice basketball arena and their football stadium beats Westerns like a drum.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Bleacher Bum
(@bleacher-bum)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @mr_woogers

Murray St. by the way has a very nice basketball arena and their football stadium beats Westerns like a drum.

that's irrelevant but it is worse than valpo. 

does it not matter to the murray apologists that they deliberately stomped one of our players? 

all the kill lovers around here should respect his decision to never have anything to do with them again.

it's one of the things he got right.

ReplyQuote
(@misty)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

This is the most comprehensive collection of data I've seen. He goes fast but it covers stuff that drives university presidents' thinking that I hadn't thought of. The SIU enrollment map shows how important Chicago is to SIU, for example, and I was surprised how many MVC alums are in DFW. It's unbiased and data-driven, which I like. 

It's long, so I would fast forward past the Loyola/A10 part. 

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @misty

This is the most comprehensive collection of data I've seen. He goes fast but it covers stuff that drives university presidents' thinking that I hadn't thought of. The SIU enrollment map shows how important Chicago is to SIU, for example, and I was surprised how many MVC alums are in DFW. It's unbiased and data-driven, which I like. 

It's long, so I would fast forward past the Loyola/A10 part. 

This guy does great work.  Overloads you with information but it's all incredibly interesting.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @bleacher-bum
Posted by: @mr_woogers

that's irrelevant but it is worse than valpo. 

does it not matter to the murray apologists that they deliberately stomped one of our players? 

all the kill lovers around here should respect his decision to never have anything to do with them again.

it's one of the things he got right.

It matters to at least one more of us. They have a history of thuggery.

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

Saluki 69 reacted
ReplyQuote
AnnaBob
(@annabob)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

superb review, His recommended adds NKy, UIC, UTA and Murray all make sense.  I am still not crazy about having Murray, I got a long memory.  My add other than these would be Wis-Milwaukee.

Saluki 69 reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: @dawgbytes

It matters to at least one more of us. They have a history of thuggery.

Me too.  I have no use for them. If you don't know the history with these thugs then you should look it up.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

The Packers were thugs against the Bears when Forest Gregg coached them. Never saw such dirty play. Ancient, ugly history. Players and teams change constantly.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 20

Share: