16 K Views
(@83saluki)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Academics?

ReplyQuote
Mdogs1
(@mdogs1)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

😱 😱 😱  How can that be Hinson fixed that?

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Jimmy was an academic problem to begin with. He paid his own way at SIU this year because of that.  Not sure how true that is about Darius. Per my sources unless pops lands another job he could stay 

ReplyQuote
(@durtysouth)
Davies Gym Poster

Still no coaching hires? Is this not a little odd? 

What about recruiting trail? Any news on if he’s been on the trail and who for? 

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: DurtySouth

Staff has been selected give it a few days. 

As for recruiting the Mullins bros are very busy. They are recruiting daily and will fill the roster. These are new times Bryan is after people who would not even pick up the phone if BBQ called. SIU will be back and back big time soon

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@morris-saluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

This was all pretty quick, not much hope of the pool of assistants being anyone outside BMs pool of acquaintances unless BM was contacted a long time ago about the job. 

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
― Ayn Rand

ReplyQuote
(@dogdays)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Coaching staff hires can be short or somewhat long term things depending on what time of year it is. When Bruce Weber took over he kept Rodney Watson on for 30 days and then decided to hire him permanently. If Im not mistaken Matt Painter was hired around the 30 day mark and the others after that. Based on that timetable Mullins is basically right on schedule. Plus, more importantly, however long it takes for him to get who he wants and not just some pick up is the most critical part of this long term.

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: Morris Saluki

This was all pretty quick, not much hope of the pool of assistants being anyone outside BMs pool of acquaintances unless BM was contacted a long time ago about the job. 

Do you actually read what is posted in here 😬😊

we said it it in January 

ReplyQuote
Maroonloon
(@maroonloon)

Posted by: Barkeep 1967

As for recruiting the Mullins bros are very busy. They are recruiting daily and will fill the roster. These are new times Bryan is after people who would not even pick up the phone if BBQ called. SIU will be back and back big time soon

Nice.

March on triumphantly!

ReplyQuote
 Ddd
(@ddd)
Dawg Pound Poster

Barkeep said it best. Staff has been selected give it a few days.

To restate what I said a few weeks ago

Baby Mama will be named the coach (everyone knew) ✅

Around 500k in base. Could make up to 1 million overall per year based on performance ✅

potential of those who are staying from the old staff including AB or JC but potentially unlikely ✅ both are gone 

the only clear leak from the staff is the Ken Moses who dates the marketing lead. Individuals have known this for a while as this is a hire from the AD. He will likely be the DOBO. ✅

add C Wheeler for video guy

add PM and/or JM to the staff and it will be done 

ReplyQuote
Salukiholic
(@salukiholic)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Thanks for the update Barkeep.    I was concerned that Bryan did not have all of his assistants in place and there was a lot of recruiting to do.  After the long years with PT,  I had actually forgotten that a head coach normally does recruit.  I feel much better now.    LOL

ReplyQuote
Booby's
(@boobys)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: Ddd

the only clear leak from the staff is the Ken Moses who dates the marketing lead. Individuals have known this for a while as this is a hire from the AD. He will likely be the DOBO. ✅

I thought Jerry Kill said he would NEVER dictate who Mullins would hire. 

Craving a McBride Special!

ReplyQuote
beadmedaddio
(@beadmedaddio)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Does it really matter who is the DOBO?  I can't believe a head coach would care as long as the hotel rooms all got booked and the transportation showed up on time.  

I'm not sayin' -- I'm just sayin'!

ReplyQuote
Mdogs1
(@mdogs1)

Loyola DOBO Jevon Mamon posted on his Twitter page that he is a Southern Illinois University assistant coach.  

ReplyQuote
beadmedaddio
(@beadmedaddio)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: Mdogs1

Loyola DOBO Jevon Mamon posted on his Twitter page that he is a Southern Illinois University assistant coach.  

Good to see he’s excited about being here.

I'm not sayin' -- I'm just sayin'!

ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 10

Share: