(@nickevansstan)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Why do we still have D'amico inbounding the ball? Turnover waiting to happen

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

It's like Groundhog Day watching this team try to get a shot off at the end of games.  First of all, they wait too long.  You should go with 8 seconds left, not 6.  And the last few games it seems like XJ fumbles and/or turns the ball over. 

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

lol can't even get the ball in

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @nickevansstan

Why do we still have D'amico inbounding the ball? Turnover waiting to happen

And you nailed it !!!!!!

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Good night all.  Solid effort.  

MPH reacted
ReplyQuote
BleedFknMaroon25
(@bleedfknmaroon25)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Are you kidding me??!!!!!!!

--Insert something witty here--

siudawgs reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Drake 92

SIU 88

Final/OT

ReplyQuote
BleedFknMaroon25
(@bleedfknmaroon25)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Our endgame whiteboard horseshit is somehow getting even worse. Wtf was that last inbounds?

--Insert something witty here--

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

ONE GUY MOVING, OTHER THREE STANDING THERE WHILE THE REF COUNTS TO 5??

wtf is with these guys? - just move - quit listening to your coach

Austinsaluki, SWCR Saluki, Rockin' Dawg and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
wiegie
(@wiegie)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Before the game started I didn't expect SIU to win this game, but now this feels very much like a missed opportunity. They should have won.

SWCR Saluki and siudawgs reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

We are terrible at inbounds and end of game offensive sets. However, officiating was not bad both ways. It was really bad Southern's way. SIU 28 fouls, Drake 18 fouls. Phantom fouls on Southern possession after possession bailing out Drake over and over again. Southern deserved to win in regulation. Refs were a huge factor in this loss for Southern. MVC refs continue to be horrible!

ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Great game and game effort.  But WTF with 11 seconds left and a chance to tie or win????  And can we PLEASE keep the ball out of D'Amico's hands in the waning seconds????  He either double dribbles, throws it away, or freezes and gets timed out EVERY F*CKING TIME!!!! 😡 

ReplyQuote
DirtyDale
(@dirtydale)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Man, Tucker DeVries is really damn good. Can’t wait until he’s gone. 

ReplyQuote
(@dippindotsbeforebdubs)
Dawg Pound Poster

What coaching? It makes zero literally zero cents do not play your only guy who matches up with Brody down low whenever you're getting absolutely zero offensive benefits from the supposed positive matchups we feel like we're gaining in those scenarios. I promise you the lack of assistance on hedging and helps or switches off the pick and roll cost us far far less than the zero rim protection we have all game long. Also our transition game sacrifices dearly because instead of having Scotty down low and grabbing them up and throwing the outlets, we have all of our undersized wings crashing hardcore leaving our transition defense.. I would complain about Xavier's late game heroics but whenever he is the only reason we're even close to competing at the end of the games I can't really be upset. He seems human about 15% of the time but almost all of those times seem to be at the end of the games. Maybe a little overwhelming knowing your literally the first, second, third, fourth options besides our new go to game winning in bounds play where everyone's waiting for xavier to get open while he wanders in circles until we clock out.  Why we can't consider X driving looking to trent spotted up, SCOTTIE down low, or us having Ferguson take one to the hole having X, TB, and Troy spotted up with Scottie screening up top and rolling for the put back. The last inbounds pass, leading to our destiny securing 5 second call is a small sample but a perfect example of our entire season in on one play. I'm drunk I'm pissed I know we were lucky to even be close but fuck that I want to win, especially since we had the game one in regulation. I feel like Ashton Kutcher is coming out next home game at half and is gonna let me know he's bringing back Punk'd and he's been just fucking with me the last month or so.

Posted by: @mr_woogers

ONE GUY MOVING, OTHER THREE STANDING THERE WHILE THE REF COUNTS TO 5??

wtf is with these guys? - just move - quit listening to your coach

This post was modified 3 months ago by DippinDotsBeforeBdubs

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @wiegie

Before the game started I didn't expect SIU to win this game, but now this feels very much like a missed opportunity. They should have won.

Yes - Drake was beatable tonight and we played really hard, best effort in a long time but end of the game f**kups and poor coaching allowed Drake to win. Barbecue was better at inbounds plays than Mullins. Does BM listen to his assistants or allow suggestions? Some great Big 10 coaches let their assistants draw up the plays, but their assistants are usually excellent.

Also, the refs were very homer tonight. We shot 22 FTs. They shot 40. Many of the kinds of fouls they called on us were not called on them. They really sucked.

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 13

Share: