SIU @ UIC 2/3/24 1:00 PM ESPN+

136 Posts
23 Users
44 Reactions
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Under construction.  SIU won 62-50 in Carbondale on 12/30.  UIC is 1-10 in the Valley and has lost 10 of 11 since their 7-4 start.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Should be a thriller in front of 100 fans.

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

The Salukis have to be emotionally beleaguered, physically beleaguered with several starters playing huge minutes against Mo State, and UIC is due to beat somebody because they're not that bad. SIU will probably have more fans there than UIC but not as many as they would have if they didn't blow the game Wednesday.

Could be a bottoming-out disaster. Not saying that's going to happen but wouldn't really surprise me.

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, my wife and I cannot make the game as I have my largest fundraiser of the year for KOC.  At the beginning of the season I was looking forward to this game because it's such a fun atmosphere for Saluki fans, but after the last couple of weeks, I'm not as bummed about having to miss it.  SIU could surely win, but I'm not expecting it nor will be I angry if the lose. 

ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

UIC is bound to beat somebody.  Wouldn't be surprised at all if it's us.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @mr_woogers

Should be a thriller in front of 100 fans.

With SIU having 70 of them

ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Information I received was that the lower bowl was at capacity a few days ago. However, after Wednesday's loss, there will probably be quite a few less. I most certainly will do my best to bring home a victory. I'm gonna say it... 

GO DAWGS!!!

ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @insaluki

Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, my wife and I cannot make the game as I have my largest fundraiser of the year for KOC.  At the beginning of the season I was looking forward to this game because it's such a fun atmosphere for Saluki fans, but after the last couple of weeks, I'm not as bummed about having to miss it.  SIU could surely win, but I'm not expecting it nor will be I angry if the lose. 

It is unfortunate, because I was going to purchase a Mt. Dew for you. 🙂 

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/SIU_Basketball/status/1753584083769368790

ReplyQuote
 Enuf
(@enuf)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Gotta hope the team is not as down/disinterested as the fan base. 

Go Dawgs!

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @tj-mcflys

Posted by: @insaluki

It is unfortunate, because I was going to purchase a Mt. Dew for you. 🙂 

I would have gladly accepted a beverage of your choice sir.  I hope you were able to see a good game and, more importantly, a WIN for the Dawgs !!!

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

I really feel like AJ has looked sloppy with the ball the last few games.  He remains VERY athletic, can slash, defend and even shoot, but I would really like to see him improve his ball skills this off season.  He could easily be one of our top scorers next season (assuming he stays).  I won't bother looking at earlier tape on him but hoping I'm wrong on this one and that he's just recently struggled.  

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

These refs already suck!! That one dude has a whistle addiction.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Last few games we have discovered the turnover - not apple either.

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

SIU doesn't look good so far, which is surprising after last game's heartbreak, but at least they're moving the ball around.  I'll never understand why they cease all ball movement towards the end of the game.  I mean I know it's to take time off the clock, but I still don't understand why.  LOL

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 10

Share: