Clear all

SIU @ Evansville 2/25/24 1:00 PM Bally Sports Midwest

103 Posts
30 Users
104 Reactions
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Cade Hornecker not using the leg trolley.

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

I freakin LOVE XJ !!!!!!  Tired?  NO SIR !!!!!!!!!!!!  Now THAT is a Saluki !!!!

Rockin' Dawg, NickEvansStan, TJ McFlys and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@fraydog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

We showed a lot of resilience in how we closed this one out.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

sliding raspberry pass by XJ! Ouch

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

SIU 65

Evansville 53

Final

ReplyQuote
Cosmos
(@cosmos)

WOW. That play drawn up with 45-50 seconds left .. to use the same setup we typically run with the elbow screen for Trent as a decoy while there’s a second screen being set up for Troy to slip into the corner wide open. Most impressive play I’ve seen us run all season considering the circumstances. 

INSaluki, Austinsaluki, TJ McFlys and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

VERY GOOD win for SIU.  Have a GREAT day everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

D'Amico 17, 6 rbs

XJ 12 pts, 10 rbs, 8 assists, 2 steals

TJ McFlys reacted
ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)

Posted by: @mr_woogers

D'Amico 17, 6 rbs

XJ 12 pts, 10 rbs, 8 assists, 2 steals

Scottie was especially big in the first half with 10 points I believe. 

In the words of the great Black Eyed Peas..."I've got a feeling, woo hoo, that tonight's gonna be a good night, yea tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

MVC 11-7

OVERALL 19-10

Certainly not bad for a team picked 9th pre-season. Let's get that one back from the BU Braves on Wednesday. 

GO DAWGS!!! Keep on surprising !!!

This post was modified 3 months ago by TJ McFlys

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Gutty win by a gutty team. Great second half for D’Amico. Ebube and Davis are big assets off the bench. Not AJ’s best game but that athletic tip-in was big.

X absolutely gutted it out to help the cause. He’s not only talented but tough as hell. His double dives at the end were epic..

That said … he is not in good form physically and that won’t get the job done in St. Louis. Doubt it’ll happen, but I would give SERIOUS consideration to having him sit at Bradley on Wednesday, taking our punishment, and giving it a go against UNI, which is the game that will dictate the Arch Madness bye.

I doubt most here agree but I also think some might be in denial about how diminished he is with his explosion and overall health. Not going to beat the UNIs, Drakes, etc., with him shooting 20 percent from the floor (if he can even stay on the floor).

Rockin' Dawg, Austinsaluki, Fraydog and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Salukis2112
(@salukis2112)
Abe Martin Field Poster

XJ keeps knocking at the door of a triple double. Really playing like a team right now, let's beat Bradley!

Saluki Insider? I barely know her!

ReplyQuote
Class of 69
(@class-of-69)

Nice win and now it all probably comes down to the UNI game as to who gets the 4th place slot. Nice to Cade off the scooter, nice to see Scooter make such an impact. Seems like X can't draw a foul to save his life. Seems like Mullins has stepped up his game time coaching in the last few contests. Hard to believe we are looking at St. Louis in a couple of weeks. Where did the season go?

ReplyQuote
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

@siudawgs 

Yes, it's that explosiveness that's missing from X right now. A month ago he had Roadrunner-like afterburners on drives to the basket, and he was just about unstoppable. 

He has also thrown up some air balls, another sign of fatigue/injury. 

(Inflammatory political snark)

SlyDawg and Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@usmcsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Revenge game Wednesday 

ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I wasn't posting at the time, but I did believe back in the fall that this could be a solid team by the end of the season. But this isn't quite the way I thought it would happen. I figured that Miller would be a strong contributor and that Hensley and Stulic would be providing a bit more than they have (though Hensley has contributed nicely recently, even though he didn't do much today). Of course, nobody foresaw what XJ has become, Brown has been better than I expected, and Ferguson has been solid. And I like how D'Amico, Davis and Ebube are making a late charge. If XJ can somehow get healthy, this team has the look of a tough out in St. Louis. And I'll say it again: Keep this core together and add the right pieces in the portal, and next season could be very interesting. Plus, I still have some optimism that Sharp and Cade will make big contributions.

SlyDawg and Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 7

Share: