Links:

SIU Game Notes

Murray State Game Notes

Racer Fans Message Board

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Other than the first half against Bradley and the first 8 minutes or so of the second half against Valpo, Southern has not played good ball these past couple weeks. They'll definitely need to be much better to win at Murray, and XJ will have to be in good form for longer stretches to counter Murray's athletic guards. I expect SIU will give a great effort in this rivalry matchup; could be one of those games that go to the wire.

If you look at the schedule, this is the exact stretch where Southern needs to get on a roll if it's going to be better than a middling MVC finish. So, a big matinee in Murray.

ReplyQuote
(@usmcsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

It would be nice to get some momentum going and win the next 3 to go into Drake with an 8-4 record, but Murray will be tough.

ReplyQuote
Kid
 Kid
(@kid)
Abe Martin Field Poster

This will be a brawl, I'm very interested in this game, looking forward to seeing how siu plays

ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

Gonna fix this up later but wanted to get this up for discussion.  Pretty big road game at a tough place to play against a team that should be fired up after last year.  

last two years actually. SIU is 3-0 against the pride of the OVC over last three games played. 

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @kid

This will be a brawl, I'm very interested in this game, looking forward to seeing how siu plays

Especially if we win! 

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Murray currently -3 on DraftKings.  This one could go either way.  If the Dawgs can hit their 3's and play physical D PLUS REBOUND, they have a shot in this one.  Would be a much needed road win against a team they're currently tied with in the standings.  

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/SIU_Basketball/status/1751039819709546742

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @kid

Most definitely, and literally will be a brawl. 😂

ReplyQuote
(@salukimodemrowe)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Hope to be pleasantly surprised. Haven’t seen the officiating crew yet so we will see. Petty would throw everyone out before it got to a brawl. 

This post was modified 4 months ago by salukimodemrowe

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Hoping to lose some $$ today on Murray at -3.  I have a feeling that either way, it will be a 5+ point spread (win or lose) despite all the signs pointing to a close game.  Man I hope SIU surprises me, plays great and steals a win on the road against my least favorite team in the Valley.  

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

I'm expecting a loss.  Murray is a tough place to play, they'll be fired up after last year, SIU just isn't really that good this year unless X is going nuts.  Maybe X does go nuts and they win though.

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

I'm expecting a loss.  Murray is a tough place to play, they'll be fired up after last year, SIU just isn't really that good this year unless X is going nuts.  Maybe X does go nuts and they win though.

Sure XJ scored 27, but I thought Brown's unusual and unexpected inter-perimeter game and D'Amico finding his 3 stroke was the key last game.  Regardless, if you have the number 2 scorer in the nation, it's not always a bad thing when he goes off.  Be happy with XJ's unprecedented improvement instead of seemingly always pointing it out as a negative. 

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Not entirely important but I would bet that SIU has lost over 90% of the opening tip offs during Mullins tenure.  

This post was modified 4 months ago by INSaluki

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Scottie in early !!!!  I'm hoping for a BIG game from him today. 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 16

Share: