Missouri State @ SIU 1/31/24 7:00 PM ESPN+

189 Posts
34 Users
151 Reactions
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

SIU welcomes Missouri State to the Banterra Center on Wednesday.

The Bears got off to a 6-1 start but dropped a road game to KenPom #277 Middle Tennessee.  They then rattled off 3 of 4 including a win on the road at #31 Saint Mary's.  They're currently 4-6 in the Missouri Valley after back to back wins over #50 Drake in double OT and #287 Valpo.

Links:

SIU Game Notes

Missouri State Game Notes

Bears Boulevard Message Board

ReplyQuote
1DAWG
(@1dawg)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Let’s see some sharp, intentional ball movement on offense…….and Rebound! Rebound! Rebound!

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

their guard Mason has been out of his mind lately - need XJ to stay out of foul trouble if he guards him.

If we shoot it well, should be a win. Also need a big dose of Ebube Rx.  Massey has us by 4. 

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Missouri State is such a screwy team: so much variability with them week to week and game to game, more than most teams. A guy like Alston Mason could score 30+ one night and then go 2 for 11 the next game. Chance Moore has had a bad year but is capable of heating up certain nights. Their playing rotation also varies a bunch as it seems like Ford is always trying to find the right mix. I do like what I've seen of NJ Benson this season, and Clay is obviously a rock-solid fifth-year dude.

Both teams are coming off two straight wins so there should be good energy tonight. I did hear Ford in his MVC media call reference SIU beating them three times last year and I'm guessing he's been using that for some extra motivation leading up to the game.

Missouri State has had another disappointing year but, like usual, they have the talent to match up with most teams (just ask Drake). Should be an interesting night, but bottom line, Southern can't afford to lose another home game at this stage, particularly to a bottom-half team.

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Maroonloon
(@maroonloon)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@siudawgs Agree. Gotta have this one. Dawg Pound needs another good game too!

Go Salukis!

March on triumphantly!

1DAWG reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Didn’t finish the first post but Alston Mason is really good.  He put up 36 against Drake and then 22 against Valpo on Saturday with 9 assists.  Him vs X is gonna be a great matchup,

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

ReplyQuote
(@freedawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

I have been trying to view the SIU game notes from the athletic department basketball website. It will not download the SIU notes but will the notes for Missouri State. Has anyone else had this issue. Thanks. 

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

KenPom has SIU by 6pts.  DraftKings has SIU as a 5pt favorite.  I don't like this game one bit and wouldn't bet it either way.  Missouri State could come in and beat us by 10 or get blown out by 20.  As others have said, I would LOVE to see a heavy dose of Ebube, but my concern is that the last game may not matter to the staff as much as how his practice week has gone so far.   

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Every coach in basketball has a game plan as to what they want to do what the rotations are going to be and I am sure every detail is thought of especially the ones we would never think of but fouls a player not expected to do well and any number of things that happen change all of the planning by the first media time out so who makes the best adjustments will come out on top that is why I don't get to concerned about players minutes because every situation is different so just get a win

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @freedawg

I have been trying to view the SIU game notes from the athletic department basketball website. It will not download the SIU notes but will the notes for Missouri State. Has anyone else had this issue. Thanks. 

Yeah I'm just getting a spinning wheel

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

How is this team 4-6 in the Valley?  

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Way too much holding or dribbling by one person and then waiting until the waning seconds of the shot clock.  Let's get some ball movement going.  

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

I DO like the minutes Ebube is getting here early.  And they ARE trrying to get him the ball down low. 

Austinsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Things just HAPPEN with him in the game, most of them good, and a lot of them not showing up in a stat sheet.

(Inflammatory political snark)

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 13

Share: