Trent Brown farewell letter

14 Posts
13 Users
28 Likes
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

https://dailyegyptian.com/118392/sports/letter-to-the-editor-trent-brown-bids-farewell-to-saluki-nation/                          This is one of the classiest things I have ever read. It has been rewarding to be able to cheer for great kids. I hope that tradition continues. Trent gets it and I wish him the best. 

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

This is what college athletics should be about.

There aren’t too many players who weren’t all-conference type guys who will be remembered as fondly as Trent Brown will. Well done, man. 

ReplyQuote
(@dogdays)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Pure class!

ReplyQuote
Maroonloon
(@maroonloon)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @dogdays

Pure class!

Absolutely! Love that kid. Gonna miss him and wishing nothing but the best in the future.

March on triumphantly!

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
(@freedawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Definitely a class act which is why I was not surprised when I read this letter. While his career at SIU had many ups and downs, he never quit and always gave it his best both on and off the court. Best of Luck to a true Saluki in the future. 

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Class act and an easy person to root for in basketball and life.

Freedawg and INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Love his portrayal of it's something you just don't get unless you're here and part of it. I find that so true! It's difficult to explain

ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

One of the classiest farewells I've ever seen. He's destined to be successful in whatever endeavors he decided to pursue.

Freedawg and INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
saluki82
(@saluki82)

Very classy. Trent will do well in life and make us proud. I'm glad he's a Saluki.

INSaluki and Freedawg reacted
ReplyQuote
SlyDawg
(@slydawg)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Thank you for the past 5 years! I have no doubt you will rock at whatever you choose to do. 

ReplyQuote
1DAWG
(@1dawg)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

That was a very classy move!  Good luck with all your future endeavors Trent.  I’m sure you’ll always represent SIU well.

Freedawg reacted
ReplyQuote
PackerDawg
(@packerdawg)

What an incredible letter; gave me the chills.  Trent truly understands what it means to be a Saluki just like the rest of us.  I’m proud to have him represent SIU. 

ReplyQuote
Saloukeyfan
(@saloukeyfan)

There is class and then there is class. Man Trent you are one awesome young man. Good luck to you in life and I hope good things come your way. Saluki Nation appreciates your 5 years of dedication. 

ReplyQuote
SlyDawg
(@slydawg)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Trent may very well be the last 5 year player SIU ever sees. He will be connected to a trivia question someday. 

ReplyQuote

Share: