32 Reactions
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @barkeep-1967

I know a whole lot of it. 

As a football coach he was great. 

As an AD he was not

I try to be nice but this man screwed Tommy Bell without Lube. Saved BBQ for another year and took credit for other people’s fundraising then fled the town he loved so much. 

sure sounds like a great guy

Tommy Bell was a horrible AD. I know several people within the athletic department when he was there that had absolutely no respect for him. He was the worst fundraising AD we have ever had.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Wasn't impressed one bit with Tommy Bell. Kill made some good hires while A.D. - did a good job.

Paul Kowalczyk, recently retired Assoc. AD at Illinois was excellent.

Gale Sayers was our fastest AD. 😀 

ReplyQuote
saluki82
(@saluki82)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

I'll just say this and be done with this conversation. I don't have to ask anyone from the athletic department or anywhere else about Tommy Bell. I didn't work in the athletic department but did work with Tommy on several projects. My experience with him was always positive and I still think he was and would have continued to be very good for SIU. There was an agreement to fire you know who and Tommy was stabbed in the back by the Chancellor and Kill. Those of you that still like him are entitled to your opinion but mine will never change. The end.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @saluki82

I'll just say this and be done with this conversation. I don't have to ask anyone from the athletic department or anywhere else about Tommy Bell. I didn't work in the athletic department but did work with Tommy on several projects. My experience with him was always positive and I still think he was and would have continued to be very good for SIU. There was an agreement to fire you know who and Tommy was stabbed in the back by the Chancellor and Kill. Those of you that still like him are entitled to your opinion but mine will never change. The end.

Getting fired isn't always "getting stabbed in the back." Sometimes the boss just doesn't like you or thinks he can find better or you have BO or you fart too much or you talk way too much like Dominic Hoscher.

Lane paid Jarnigan $440,000 to go away. Fired WITHOUT cause.

The fund raising and the coaching hires AFTER Bell are pretty impressive.

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

All I wanted to do I point out that Kill can coach football sorry that brought out old feelings about him being AD 

ReplyQuote
SlyDawg
(@slydawg)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Kill was a good FB coach, but other than that I always thought he was a slimy non trustworthy  person. 

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

Kill led NMSU to bowl win over BGU today 24 to 19 to complete a remarkable turnaround and give Kill his first ever bowl win

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

Mario extends Jerry Kill through 2027...

https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1610322452126523394

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Kill’s contract with New Mexico State will pay him $600K in 2023 and $650K per season from. 2024-2027. Kill’s base salary in 2022 paid him $550K.

Kill’s contract includes some of these incentive bonuses:

• $10,000 upon win over UTEP.
  • $10,000 upon win over University of New Mexico.
  • $50,000 upon National Championship win.
  • $20,000 upon being nationally ranked at the end of the year by the AP or USA Today.
  • $25,000 per Power 5 win.
  • $20,000 upon winning 6 games or qualifying for a bowl game, $25,000 for 7 wins, $30,000 for 8 wins and $35,000 for 9-12 wins (not cumulative).
  • $10,000 for retaining 90% of non-graduating, scholarship players from the last game of the season to start of the immediately following season.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
(@morris-saluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Most college coach contracts should be written like that.  Think of what we'd have saved or fame achieved if meatball had a contract like that.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
― Ayn Rand

Booby's reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

Whatever your opinion of Jerry is you have to admit the man can resurrect football programs because everywhere he has been the programs reached heights they haven't seen in years or if ever hope he is alright health wise 

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Probably health issues. Hope he's OK. Coach Kill is one heck of a coach IMO.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3

Share: