149 Posts
41 Users
26 Likes
33.5 K Views
GoBlueSaluki
(@gobluesaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

There was something similar to this topic on the old website.  Post all your restaurant info here.   

ReplyQuote
sportsfreak75
(@sportsfreak75)
Abe Martin Field Poster

El Greco back open.

ReplyQuote
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)

Scratch Brewery out toward Ava has terrific pizza, and their bread is top notch.

Their beers, which change according to season (though they do have some that are year-round) are either downright good or at least interesting. All local as much as possible; I think they even grow their own hops.

Highly recommend.

(Inflammatory political snark)

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Is the "Local News" board kind of like Carbondale/SIU News?  Would be cool to have one board for this again.  I got pretty much all my Carbondale news from SN/ST.

ReplyQuote
siudawg77
(@siudawg77)
Saluki Stadium Poster

I miss Booby’s.  The hot McBride Special was phenomenal.

AnnaBob and Booby's reacted
ReplyQuote
Booby's
(@boobys)

Posted by: siudawg77

I miss Booby’s.  The hot McBride Special was phenomenal.

Oh man. I'd kill for a McBride Special. It's still so sad that Boobys is gone.

Craving a McBride Special!

ReplyQuote
1DAWG
(@1dawg)

Glad to hear El Greco is open again.  Hope the new version has the staying power the old one did.  I also miss Booby's!  Would be great to see a new bar/restaurant in the old space.

ReplyQuote
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)

Posted by: 1DAWG

Glad to hear El Greco is open again.  Hope the new version has the staying power the old one did.  I also miss Booby's!  Would be great to see a new bar/restaurant in the old space.

Unfortunately, the Bike Surgeon moved into that space; it will not be a restaurant/bar/deli until the Bike Surgeon either goes out of business or moves. I suppose that's better than the building sitting empty, but it still annoys me that it isn't being used as a bar/restaurant/music venue. The beer garden was a wonderful space. 

Does anyone else find it odd that Carbondale can support three major bicycle shops, all of which have been in business for a long time, and all of which are within a block of one another? Phoenix Cycles and Carbondale Cycle are across the street from one another, and the Bike Surgeon is only a block south of those two. Don't get me wrong: I think it's cool, but it is kind of puzzling. 

ReplyQuote
SlyDawg
(@slydawg)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: Austinsaluki

Unfortunately, the Bike Surgeon moved into that space; it will not be a restaurant/bar/deli until the Bike Surgeon either goes out of business or moves. I suppose that's better than the building sitting empty, but it still annoys me that it isn't being used as a bar/restaurant/music venue. The beer garden was a wonderful space. 

Does anyone else find it odd that Carbondale can support three major bicycle shops, all of which have been in business for a long time, and all of which are within a block of one another? Phoenix Cycles and Carbondale Cycle are across the street from one another, and the Bike Surgeon is only a block south of those two. Don't get me wrong: I think it's cool, but it is kind of puzzling. 

Very puzzling, then you have Walmart and Dick’s selling bikes too. 

ReplyQuote
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)

Posted by: SlyDawg

Yeah, that too. But these places aren't just selling any old bikes: they are selling and servicing high-end bikes. I'm just kind of puzzled by it.

ReplyQuote
(@morris-saluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Is mountain bike riding a big thing?

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
― Ayn Rand

ReplyQuote
SlyDawg
(@slydawg)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: SlyDawg

Yeah, that too. But these places aren't just selling any old bikes: they are selling and servicing high-end bikes. I'm just kind of puzzled by it.

They sell both low end and high end. I’m assuming they sell more low to middle in Carbondale and the occasional high end. 

ReplyQuote
beadmedaddio
(@beadmedaddio)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Culvers coming to the c'Dale.  I've been a customer for over 30 years.  It'll be a good addition.

https://dailyegyptian.com/81737/news/culvers-coming-to-carbondale-this-summer/

I'm not sayin' -- I'm just sayin'!

ReplyQuote
underdawg
(@underdawg)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

What's their specialty?

ReplyQuote
1DAWG
(@1dawg)

Posted by: underdawg

What's their specialty?

Home of the butter burger!  They're a WI chain.  The butter burger and their frozen yogurt/ice cream are their claims to fame.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 10

Share: