Posted by: @austinsaluki

@saluki-69 

They also misspelled "restaurateur."

Of course they did!  🤣 

ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I no longer live in the area but my daughter informed me that somebody is in the process of resurrecting Boobys. Liquor license has been applied for, same location and they want to use the same menu. Beer garden included. This would be a welcome addition to the strip!

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @dawgbytes

I no longer live in the area but my daughter informed me that somebody is in the process of resurrecting Boobys. Liquor license has been applied for, same location and they want to use the same menu. Beer garden included. This would be a welcome addition to the strip!

https://twitter.com/wellthatscdale/status/1628918490940817408?s=46&t=7s0hTttieSER8wqRSA0LoA

dakyne and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @dawgbytes

At the end, Booby's subs were shrinking while the prices were increasing! Hope the new owners don't do that - there's a very nice Jimmy Johns down the strip and of course Subways, Quatros subs, Sam's Cafe, etc. so they have competition.

With inflation, the price of sandwiches in C'Dale is crazy! Gyro = $9.50 ... New Jersey prices - ridiculous.

ReplyQuote
(@risaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Any word on the Booby's front?

Now that I write that, it seems strangely inappropriate.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Booby's on Facebook shows some construction going on inside. The front windows of the storefront are papered over... you can't see what's going on in there. There is no Booby's sign up at this point in time. No idea if they're still working on it or what.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

WSIU story on the downtown Carbondale Dairy Queen closing and re-opening as an independent ice cream shop:

https://www.wsiu.org/wsiu-local-news/2023-05-27/historic-dairy-queen-closes-owner-hopes-to-reopen-as-independent-ice-cream-shop

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Saw on Facebook the Booby's sign going up

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

RIP to the Carbondale Golden Corral by the Holiday/Hampton Inn

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Good riddance. Someone I know very recently went there . $24.95 for a buffet of mediocre food. No wonder they went out of business.

ReplyQuote
(@risaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

With about a month to go before my Homecoming trip, I was wondering if there was any more movement on the Booby's front?

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

I haven't seen much recently on their Facebook page.

ReplyQuote
(@kzelten)
Davies Gym Poster

@obd I have heard that the beer garden will be opening soon, if not already. Apparently they need some $$$$$ to help finish the interior renovations.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Yesterday took a peek through the newspaper covering the windows of Boobys. Inside is a long way from being done I think and I saw no evidence they were working on it. Looked like a dirty and abandoned storefront with the old counter, etc still there. Didn't check the beer garden.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 10

Share: