203 Posts
23 Users
115 Reactions
12.1 K Views
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @barkeep-1967

Did you read the article ? There are not enough hotel rooms. Cant really create those 

By the way, Indiana State's own fans seem to think this could've been avoided, too.

https://twitter.com/sycamorepride/status/1665922662538039296?s=20

ReplyQuote
carrcar
(@carrcar)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Come on guys it’s baseball. There’s no crying in baseball.

“The best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores.”
-- Al McGuire

ReplyQuote
Salukibbfan1
(@salukibbfan1)
Saluki Stadium Poster

We're not talking about a full bloan tournament.  TCU is one team; limited number of fans would be coming.  Terr Haute would sell out their small stadium in a matter of minits and they would be localz.  ISU could open up residence halls for TCU and even TCU fans if needed.  Or special oym[pic competitors could stay in the dorms, too.  

If SIU needed, they could host teams right now at Wall and Grand aprtments.  And shoud have plenty of rooms over in marion.

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

I think the point here is they are making the special Olympics the priority. I’m pretty sure that is far far more important than any baseball game 

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
dogu
 dogu
(@dogu)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

sounds to me like this has nothing to do with the Special Olympics; ISU is trying to save face for being ill-equipped to handle a super regional and/or the NCAA strong armed them into letting Fort Worth host.

Either way is a poor reflection on ISU and the Missouri Valley as a whole.  Further proof of the pussification of America.

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Really makes the MVC and ISU look bush league.

40 mins down I-70 there are 5 more hotels. Indy is an hour away. Effingham is an hour away.  I don't buy their excuses.

ISU should drop baseball! 

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I think the point here is they are making the special Olympics the priority. I’m pretty sure that is far far more important than any baseball game 

No one is saying it's not more important than hosting the Super Regionals. People are saying that the administration appears to not have tried hard to make both events work. 

ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @dogu

sounds to me like this has nothing to do with the Special Olympics; ISU is trying to save face for being ill-equipped to handle a super regional and/or the NCAA strong armed them into letting Fort Worth host.

Either way is a poor reflection on ISU and the Missouri Valley as a whole.  Further proof of the pussification of America.

I must say your spelling and grammar have certainly improved. Perhaps your cousin Salukibballfan could complete a study session with you.  

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @dogu

What in the actual F are you talking about? How does this have anything to do with the  “pussification of America?”

I have to assume you are trolling here.

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @saluki44

Did you read the article ? There are not enough hotel rooms. Cant really create those 

By the way, Indiana State's own fans seem to think this could've been avoided, too.

https://twitter.com/sycamorepride/status/1665922662538039296?s=20

To be fair, the people on that site are as nuts and delusional as I’ve ever seen. I wouldn’t put much stock in that. 

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Indiana St lost in Game 1 to TCU last night, 4-1. Game 2 is tonight at 6 pm ET. 

ReplyQuote
1DAWG
(@1dawg)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Go Sycs!  Way to represent The Valley this year.

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

ISU lost to TCU last night, 6-4. It looked like they had a strong fan showing down there. 

This postseason brought a lot of publicity for the school and program (despite the gaffe over backing out of hosting the Super Regional, which have some people calling for the president, Deborah Curtis, to resign).

I hope Rhodes can get SIU there. 

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Two and out. Nothing like home field advantage NOT. A real clinker for Clinkscales. He and their president should be put on the dunk tank circuit for the next year

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 13 / 14

Share: